Something is effecting my train path finding.

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
zytukin
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Something is effecting my train path finding.

Post by zytukin »

I m going for heavy train usage with my current factory but am starting to run into issues with train pathfinding and I'm not even past mid-game yet, using game version 0.14.20

The factory is sprawling, with good distance between all the different production centers and 50 trains run without any bottlenecks utilizing duel single direction rails in each direction with single direction trains and (mostly blue print replicated) stations. I use FAT Controller to help monitor all the trains. I don't know if it's lag or something else effecting things but lately when I'm on the outskirts of my factory, some trains on the other side of the factory will occasionally report they have no path to their station, when they had no issues earlier and nothing was changed. I will zoom to the train via the FAT controller and, if done fast enough, can watch as the train goes *through* the station it was supposed to stop at, exit back to the main line, loop around, return to the station a 2nd time, and stop to load or unload.

I m playing on a laptop (no choice) and my UPS is still over 30. My old factory didn't have this issue despite getting so large that UPS droped to 10 on a much better PC and having trains much further away, so I have doubts about it being caused by lag.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Something is effecting my train path finding.

Post by Loewchen »

Post the save, post the ziped mod folder.

zytukin
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Something is effecting my train path finding.

Post by zytukin »

Damn, should have thought of doing that in the first place.

I can't upload it right now but hopefully will be able to tomorrow. I'm a truck driver so Wi-Fi for my laptop is limited to truck stops and doesn't look like I can attach rar files via forum post via my cell phone.

Something else I didn't think to post yesterday:
The only times the issue has happened was when I was working at one of the "A" spots on the map and mostly with the train going from the "B" spot to the station at "C". But if I was at the B spot or closer to C, it ran fine.
map.jpg
map.jpg (220.27 KiB) Viewed 952 times

Return to “Technical Help”