One way "Couldn't establish network connection with server" and "Server is not responding"

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Seredith
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

One way "Couldn't establish network connection with server" and "Server is not responding"

Post by Seredith »

Hello there.

I've been playing the game for some time with a friend. We both use the experimental 0.17.23 version ATM.

Issue 1:
The first time he was the host of the game, we played for a few hours, it was all nice. Then I played the save a bit solo. When I hosted the save the next day, he culd not connect. Every time he tried, he got the "Couldn't establish network connection with server" error. But when I sent him the save and he put it in his folder and hosted it, I could connect as usual. This happened for a week. Every time the cycle was the same - he was unable to connect to my game, I was able to connect to his.

Issue 2:
2 days ago I started lagging. SERIOUSLY lagging. The "Server is not responding" message is on my screen for about 75% of the time, I'm rubberbanding all over the place. Then the next day it was fine for a few hours (he still couldn't connect to me and I had to connect to him), then it went to shit again. And the same thing today. The game is literally unplayable in multiplayer for me ATM.

My net connectivity is fine as far as I know. Ping 9, Dowload 300Mb/s, Upload 30Mb/s according to speedtest. My friend checked his and doesn;t seem to have any problems either.

Have anyone encountered this issue or knows a solution?
Any help will be appreciated.

Suplexinator
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: One way "Couldn't establish network connection with server" and "Server is not responding"

Post by Suplexinator »

I've had similar trouble connecting to certain games (hosts). One thing that seems to work for me is to host my own game, ensuring the little "matchmaking connection established" or whatever it says comes up, then quitting, and then trying to join a game. I believe this may open a port that's closed on my computer to allow connections to other games? Not sure, and haven't spent the time looking any further into it.

Maybe if you're more savy than I you could look into the required ports and ensure they're open on both computers. Or just try my little work around--that is if this is what's actually happening.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: One way "Couldn't establish network connection with server" and "Server is not responding"

Post by Koub »

[Koub] Moved to Technical Help
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Return to “Technical Help”