Menu Lockups after quitting

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Bran34
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Menu Lockups after quitting

Post by Bran34 »

When I play factorio, I can load into the game fine, play the game fine, but when I exit back to the menu the game hard freezes and I have to close the process via the task manager.

This is on version 11.8, with DyTech enabled. however, this happens to me with a clean install as well.

I've been having this problem since around the release of 11.3, though I have tested it with previous versions as well, and they do it, too.

My specs haven't changed since then, so I'm fairly certain they aren't entirely necessary. I'm thinking it might be a program that i've installed since then, but I have no idea which one could be causing it.

cube
Former Staff
Former Staff

Re: Menu Lockups after quitting

Post by cube »

It could be an antivirus, or graphics driver update.

Xecutor
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Xecutor »

cube
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by cube »

Bran34 wrote:When I play factorio, I can load into the game fine, play the game fine, but when I exit back to the menu the game hard freezes and I have to close the process via the task manager.

This is on version 11.8, with DyTech enabled. however, this happens to me with a clean install as well.

I've been having this problem since around the release of 11.3, though I have tested it with previous versions as well, and they do it, too.

My specs haven't changed since then, so I'm fairly certain they aren't entirely necessary. I'm thinking it might be a program that i've installed since then, but I have no idea which one could be causing it.
Please post a Log file.

Return to “Technical Help”