Manual Updates?

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
CmmdrNeverborn
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Manual Updates?

Post by CmmdrNeverborn »

I'm on OSX (10.9.5) and have been stuck at alpha 11.6 for some time now. Something about applying the update causes a SigSev CTD; whereupon the update can never be applied due to the change log "having unexpected content". It seems a bit odd for the update process to rely on a change log that itself is changed before the update is even applied. I have tried redownloading the version available from factorio.com (10.2) and updating from there several times now to no avail, so:

- Is there a method for manually updating Factorio?

- Is there a way to "repair" the change log, or a workaround for the "change log has unexpected content" issue?

- Is there a download for a version later than 10.2 I've missed?

Or should I just wait for the next stable release?

prg
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Manual Updates?

Post by prg »

There's an "experimental release" link at the top of the download page.
Automatic Belt (and pipe) Planner—Automate yet another aspect of constructing your factory!

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

CmmdrNeverborn wrote:Is there a method for manually updating Factorio?
CmmdrNeverborn wrote:Is there a download for a version later than 10.2 I've missed?
https://www.factorio.com/download/experimental

CmmdrNeverborn
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by CmmdrNeverborn »

I am an idiot.

Thanks!

cube
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by cube »

Could you please try running the update from 0.12.0 again and post a Log file from the crashed attempt?

CmmdrNeverborn
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by CmmdrNeverborn »

I'd love to, but the three times I've just tried updating from 10.12 again worked flawlessly. I tried from complete scratch (removing application directory), once while preserving the old application directory, and once after a restart. Now that I'm trying to make it crash, it is behaving.

There haven't been any environment updates since I made my original post and it was crashing "reliably", so this is either a weird corner case or a PEBCAC issue. Probably the latter.

Return to “Technical Help”