Headless server crashes on autosave

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
chimera2650
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Headless server crashes on autosave

Post by chimera2650 »

I also posted this to Reddit here, but thought I may as well ask here.

I'm trying to transfer a save to a recently set up headless server to host a multiplayer map. I got tired of always needing to log on if someone wanted to play. Everything seems fine initially, as the server starts, I can connect, and everything looks right. However, at the autosave interval, the server can't save the game and the server shuts down.

I'm running the server on Ubuntu 18.04, and playing on Windows 10. I've followed the guide on setting up the server. The saves were copied into the /opt/factorio/saves/ folder with root access, and I changed the owner to the factorio user and ensured read/write permissions.

Here is the log file.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

PunPun
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Headless server crashes on autosave

Post by PunPun »

First step would be to login to the factorio user and navigate to the saves folder and run the command "touch test.tmp" and then look if a file named test.tmp is created. If it does then we can rule out permission issues. Then next we should check to see if there is enough space on the disk. You can check by running the command "df -H" as root. If the permission test succeeds and there is plenty of space then you need to wait for someone more experienced to come along and suggest the next thing to try.

Return to “Technical Help”