Reinatall Factorio with steam?

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
pletiplot
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Reinatall Factorio with steam?

Post by pletiplot »

Hello,
I bought Factorio directly from Factorio pages in August 2020. Later I installed Steam. I now want to have Factorio via Steam because I want to use the Steam features like Cloud savegame store (and play on multiple computers).
Steam tells me I need to install Factorio again (and consume 1.6 GB space more).
Can I then uninstall selfstanding Factorio? How will be the savegames?

Thanks

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Reinatall Factorio with steam?

Post by Loewchen »

You can move the save files into the steam installation afterwards.

JayS
Inserter
Inserter

Post by JayS »

I remember when factorio first went on steam, they had a method to get a key for it if you owned it before the steam release. I don’t remember how that worked in detail but maybe there’s a similar program these days.
Don't look now, but there is a spider behind you.

ickputzdirwech
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ickputzdirwech »

I had the steam an standalone versions running alongside each other at some time and they were sharing all the saves, mods etc in %AppData%\Roaming\Factorio just fine. There should be now issue uninstalling the standalone version once you have the steam version. To be sure make a backup of the folder mentioned above.
Mods: Shortcuts for 1.1, ick's Sea Block, ick's vanilla tweaks
Tools: Atom language pack
Text quickly seems cold and unfriendly. Be careful how you write and interpret what others have written.
- A reminder for me and all who read what I write

Return to “Technical Help”