Combinator graphics much worse 0.13?

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
provet
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Combinator graphics much worse 0.13?

Post by provet »

The combinators from 0.12x had much higher detail than the current ones, (that have like half the pixels).

Me sad plz fix :( Kthxbye

brunzenstein
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Combinator graphics much worse 0.13?

Post by brunzenstein »

provet wrote:The combinators from 0.12x had much higher detail than the current ones, (that have like half the pixels).

Me sad plz fix :( Kthxbye
Its not the graphics only - its far worse.
The change in the GUI does not allow anymore to connect one item after the other in a row without deselecting the wire first with Q every time you click a new item.
The wire otherwise stubborn stays connected to the entry point e.g. you first item one clicked - at the first item connected.
If thats not a bug but a feature, that feature is a bug.

provet
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by provet »

brunzenstein wrote:Its not the graphics only - its far worse.
The change in the GUI does not allow anymore to connect one item after the other in a row without deselecting the wire first with Q every time you click a new item.
The wire otherwise stubborn stays connected to the entry point e.g. you first item one clicked - at the first item connected.
If thats not a bug but a feature, that feature is a bug.
;O You're right! I really hope that is a bug, not a feature! Chaining will now take forever :(

Edit: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=28096

Neotix
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Neotix »

I also think that combinators have bad quality. We need them in higher resolution.

provet
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by provet »

They posted about better sprites (or textures or w/e everyone calls them :)) being in the WIP part of their development. So maybe this is a placeholder.. I still don't see why they changed them (and made them smaller?) in the first place though hopefully this will be explained later on! :D

Neotix
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Neotix »

They made them shorter because when you placed old combinators one after another, input nodes were in the same place as output nodes of another combinator. It was hard to connect and see connections. That's why most people made one tile space between them.

provet
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by provet »

Neotix wrote:They made them shorter because when you placed old combinators one after another, input nodes were in the same place as output nodes of another combinator. It was hard to connect and see connections. That's why most people made one tile space between them.
Ah I see.. that makes sense, thanks for explaining.

Return to “General discussion”