[Request] Could someone share a railworld save?

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
TransportMeister
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[Request] Could someone share a railworld save?

Post by TransportMeister »

I figured out about 25 hours in that I'd much prefer railworld to default, not just for the trains but the open spaces ect. I just don't feel like doing the first 15 hours again right now (eventually I will :P I always do). So my question is, if someone would share their save of a Railworld (preferably with biters on peaceful) which I can snatch?

Tech wise I'd prefer if it wasn't much further than what I have reached (less is perfectly fine):

t-lor
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [Request] Could someone share a railworld save?

Post by t-lor »

I could send u mine. But it would drive u crazy trying to figure out what goes where.

if i were u :
blueprint some of your favorite parts of the current base.
Go into creative mode and make a new world.
Plop down the blue prints. build them.
Then save and reopen in normal play

Lav
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Lav »

I'm currently playing a map on half-peaceful mode (expansion is slowed down to roughly 1/4 of normal rate and pollution-based evolution is halved). It also has very big starting area and nice terrain. But it's absolutely brutal in regards to oil and uranium - the closest oil patch is about 1100 tiles away behind a few medium-to-large hives, and the closest large oil patch is much farther than that. Uranium is even worse - there's a single tiny patch within the starting area (IIRC ~7K total), and absolutely no other patches within 1300 tiles radius or so. I had to use console to find out. :-)

So definitely a railworld, but not in the normal sense of the word. :twisted:

If you want, I can post the map exchange string or upload my save - I'm currently in the process of building my oil processing complex.

Hannu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Hannu »

I have heavily modded (Angels, Bobs, etc.) 0.14 save and old lightly modded 0.12. Both are mature games, 0.14 have about 400 hours and older also hundreds of hours.

But if you are going to do railworld you need a basic base first. Why you would not expand your current game to railworld. You can begin from metal plate smelteries, then move green circuit factory out of the main base, then you build separate oil refinery, plastic and sulfuric acid factories, etc. You current base produces all materials for new factories.

leoch
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by leoch »

Find a quick-start / early bots mod.

Boogieman14
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Boogieman14 »

Not exactly a railworld according to the presets, I started a world using RSO mod (I may have selected the Railworld preset, but the resource settings get overridden by RSO). The few mods used are all from the portal.

*edit* Oh, it isn't peaceful, but that's easily fixed with a console command (should be on the wiki somewhere)
Attachments
factory_15rso.zip
(5.28 MiB) Downloaded 105 times
Last edited by Boogieman14 on Wed May 03, 2017 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's the same, but with the letters in the correct order.

Deadly-Bagel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadly-Bagel »

download/file.php?id=23181

Can't remember how far in I am, maybe 20-25 hours. I can provide an earlier save when I get home tonight if desired. Standard 0.15.0 rail world preset but biter base sizes were set a notch larger and I might have bumped up the starting area, expansion is disabled and while it's not peaceful biter attacks are rare and I've not had a gun turret run out of ammo yet. Biters are all currently out of pollution radius.
Money might be the root of all evil, but ignorance is the heart.

Return to “General discussion”