Suggestions, which are already clear

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Garm
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Suggestions, which are already clear

Post by Garm »

earliest I've seen caps as yell in computers - 1984....

I believe there are even older cases in written literature.

GewaltSam
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by GewaltSam »

TERRY PRATCHETT'S DEATH ALSO USES CAPS LOCK FOR DIALOGUE. IT'S BECAUSE HE DOESN'T SPEAK PER SE; YOU HEAR HIS VOICE DIRECTLY IN YOUR SKULL, BECAUSE IT DOESN'T MAKE THE DETOUR BY YOUR EARS. IT SOUNDS LIKE WHEN YOU GRIND TWO TOMBSTONES TOGETHER, THEY SAY.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Sedado77 wrote:@ssilk: You don't know my age, but, just FYI, I was born BEFORE the internet... so it isn't xD
Hrm. Ok, I should say before mailboxes. That rules are really old.
I agree that it is shouting if I say something like:
IF I SAY LIKE THIS THAT EVERYTHING SUCKS AND F U AND BLABLABLA AND FDLF KRWELAS.

But if someone is making a point and says something and use upper in JUST A FEW WORDS, I assume it is like Bold, or Italic. Just a little bit easier to write.
If not it would be like Homer Simpson when he speaks *whisperin* like this and then says OUT LOUD WHAT *whisper* i shoud have said in low voice */whisper*

Sorry if it is taken in another way. I never mean to shout. :(
Makes me somehow laugh. Well, i (do you see? I wrote it in small letters? This is my way to enhance it) understand how it is meant. But that is not the point. The point is, will everyone understand? I say no and I will win any bet. :twisted:

So, please, try to use that so seldom, as possible in that sense in this forum. It might and will be misinterpreted.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “General discussion”