A problem with steam.

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Wolfie373
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

A problem with steam.

Post by Wolfie373 »

If I was to buy this game on the website and the game moves to steam would I still be able to get all the updates at the same rate equally? I can't use steam due to horrible customer service and unresolvable reasons costing me money. So I would like to know these facts before I possibly purchase this lovely game. If the game is eventually going to be released on GOG I'd like to know that too so I could instead buy it there.

SWSe
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: A problem with steam.

Post by SWSe »

If the game gets on Steam, that's probably going to be completely optional. If things work out as planned by the devs, you will have a choice whether or not you want a Steam key instead of your account on the website, so there's no need to worry about that I guess.

The game might also quite likely get on GOG at some point, but just like the Steam release, this isn't going to happen before the game is considered complete (possibly summer 2015).
I hope I could help you with your decision. :D

Nova
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: A problem with steam.

Post by Nova »

Just don't use Steam. If you buy the game on the Factorio.com website, you will recieve every future update on that site. There's no compulsion to migrate the game to Steam for you.
Greetings, Nova.
Factorio is one of the greatest games I ever played, with one of the best developers I ever heard of.

Return to “General discussion”