What kind of PC do I need?

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
psihius
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: What kind of PC do I need?

Post by psihius »

If you wana get out every ounce of performance of your factory - try to get rid of as many belts and items on the belts as possible.
It makes all the difference. At least for me I gave me ability to make my factory and map much bigger.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

psihius wrote:If you wana get out every ounce of performance of your factory - try to get rid of as many belts and items on the belts as possible.
It makes all the difference. At least for me I gave me ability to make my factory and map much bigger.
After reading previous friday facts I'm trying to reduce parallel belts - it also gives visible effect in reduction of entity processing time.

Peter34
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Peter34 »

orzelek wrote:
psihius wrote:If you wana get out every ounce of performance of your factory - try to get rid of as many belts and items on the belts as possible.
After reading previous friday facts I'm trying to reduce parallel belts - it also gives visible effect in reduction of entity processing time.
Parallel belts?

sillyfly
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by sillyfly »

Peter34 wrote:
Parallel belts?
In one of the fff it was mentioned that having two or more belts parallel and touching each other is more time-consuming, as the engine calculates collision between items in adjacent belts.

MadZuri
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MadZuri »

I believe parallel is the incorrect term to use... adjacent would be more precise.

GaliMatias
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by GaliMatias »

ssilk wrote:
Peter34 wrote:How big is a big base?
It depends on your computer (mainly CPU- + RAM-speed) and how slow it can get until it annoys you. :)

My biggest base till now had an uncovered map of about 12,000 quadrat-tiles and a throughput of 200,000 raw-ressource items (copper, iron, coal, stone) per minute, transported with > 80 trains. For example: The refinery-part included 50 refineries and one water pipe (3 pumps) was not enough to supply the need for water. Tranport by train from one side to the other tooks 5 minutes, which tooks in real time 3-4 times slower (15 ticks / sec). It was only playable with testing mod, using the teleport.
What the?.. *GASP* And here i thought i had made a massive base, with 3 trains!
I need to learn how to make a game so i can get paid to play it all day long:D

And to the OP:
I play on a potato. I bet i cant do what ssilk did without baking the potato. But normal bases where everything is automated i can do just fine:D

roy7
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by roy7 »

With the massive optimizations coming, it sounds like this won't be a concern any more. :)

sillyfly
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by sillyfly »

It will always be a concern. The optimizations will only make it possible to make bigger factories before it is a problem, but you can always make bigger and bigger factories.

Return to “General discussion”