Expansion hype thread - Any updates on when/if there will be an expansion?

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: New expansion

Post by Koub »

eris wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:34 pm
With anticipation of the new expansion I wanted us to remember part of the game that worked well for me.

The Music, I have read different opinions but I think it worked well.

Do you think they will change that too?
Current soundtrack will stay as 'Nauvis' soundtrack
source : https://www.factorio.com/blog/post/fff-406
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

K4G
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Expansion hype thread - Any updates on when/if there will be an expansion?

Post by K4G »

Anybody else get the impression the DLC is very lite on actual new items-Machines etc. If I recall high quality items. Lava ore. Cobalt. A new belt tier. Space platform. Raised Tracks. Less then 10 new machines-space platform. Foundry. Heavy Miner. I saw a rocket turret yesterday. 4 Planets. And ALOT of quality of life and now a sound track. Did I understand correctly the DLC would match the base game? Regards hype I am worried.

eris
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by eris »

K4G wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2024 10:08 am
Anybody else get the impression the DLC is very lite on actual new items-Machines etc. If I recall high quality items. Lava ore. Cobalt. A new belt tier. Space platform. Raised Tracks. Less then 10 new machines-space platform. Foundry. Heavy Miner. I saw a rocket turret yesterday. 4 Planets. And ALOT of quality of life and now a sound track. Did I understand correctly the DLC would match the base game? Regards hype I am worried.
I am sure all your fears will come to pass, this is a one up game. It will be in my favorite game vault forever, there is no other game that I spend time on other than this one. Am I going to be disappointed, probable yes .

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

K4G wrote:
Anybody else get the impression the DLC is very lite on actual new items
Nope, because I know the devs are trying to leave some things to be discovered/a surprise.
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

K4G
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by K4G »

Been burned to many times by Devs. Believing is seeing. Sorry to the guys who will hate what I am saying because they maybe see Wube/ factorio as cant do wrong.

I know there are people who have done more hours. Spent about 1410ish hours my side. Feel I have earned my right to be concerned. Bought the game. Dont feel I am entitled. Would gladly spend 3 or 4 times more for the DLC if it was plush. Would even pay new game price for said DLC. No issue paying for quality and quality.

But I got the feeling I will buy the DLC not out of OMG I cant live without this to I will buy it because it adds "some" new items to my toy chest."

Proof is in the pudding is in its eating. Bohemia Interactive's approach to ArmA 3 has been once the core DLCs by Bohemia got released. They got Modders to make DLCs. And kept the hype going. I dont believe Wube cant do that as Studio as they have a great game still highly popular-Factorio. Money is coming in. My point is if they behind. Outsource to external Devs.

I hope I am wrong.
Beep Boop

MeduSalem
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by MeduSalem »

K4G wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2024 3:48 pm
Been burned to many times by Devs. Believing is seeing. Sorry to the guys who will hate what I am saying because they maybe see Wube/ factorio as cant do wrong.
[...]
Look, the DLC releases in 4 months or the likes.

You can surely wait until after the release. By then more Dev diaries will be out, and after the release there will be tons of reviews and information (like on the wiki) around from the DLC as well and then you can make up a more solid opinion whether it will be worth to buy for you or not. ^^

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

K4G wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2024 3:48 pm
Been burned to many times by Devs. Believing is seeing.
Then wait until it's out and judge for yourself then. Posting about it now does no good. I mean, most devs don't even release half as much information about their dlcs/expansions as Wube has already until release day....
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

K4G
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by K4G »

It says you have 2527 posts. I think your opinion maybe a little biased.

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

K4G wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:10 pm
Well, I have been posting here for the past... 7 years? And have been voicetress at times, some times even against changes the devs made. You're biased, too ("Been burned to many times by Devs"). If these devs had a history of not delivering in their past 12+ years of developing this game, I might be able to understand, but they don't. And honestly, this is all about something that is still under active development and is getting a combination of reveals and teases that most devs don't even do.

aka13
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by aka13 »

K4G wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:10 pm
:D :D :D
Pony/Furfag avatar? Opinion discarded.

EustaceCS
Inserter
Inserter

Post by EustaceCS »

K4G wrote:
Anybody else get the impression the DLC is very lite on actual new items-Machines etc. If I recall high quality items. Lava ore. Cobalt. A new belt tier. Space platform. Raised Tracks. Less then 10 new machines-space platform. Foundry. Heavy Miner. I saw a rocket turret yesterday. 4 Planets. And ALOT of quality of life and now a sound track.
Don't count things. Count opportunities these things provide.
Quaity alone is a gamechanger as it allows proper "tall" builds.
Space platforms may or may not allow pulling very interesting logistical pranks like same-planet delivery.
That's opportunities I as novice see - and these two things alone alone promises me another hundred of hours of playtime at the very least...

Return to “General discussion”