Factorio Server Host?

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
NightmareInfinity
Inserter
Inserter

Factorio Server Host?

Post by NightmareInfinity »

So I did some googling and i couldn't find a server host for Factorio servers. Hosting as in company's that host Minecraft servers for example.
I was thinking.. I have some extra dedicated server boxes that I don't use for anything and I wanted to see what the community thought of starting a hosting company for Factorio. as of right now its a pain to set up a Factorio server but i could easily make it automated with some Linux stuff.

Do you think that would be feasible? If not explain why so I understand why i shouldn't try this.
This is my Signature. There are others like it but this one is mine.

NoPantsMcDance
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Factorio Server Host?

Post by NoPantsMcDance »

Personally I don't think there is a big enough market for servers. Also factorio eats CPU fairly quickly.
Looking for a multiplayer server? Check out my servers Vanilla Server

Smarty
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Smarty »

NoPantsMcDance wrote:Personally I don't think there is a big enough market for servers. Also factorio eats CPU fairly quickly.
not yet and true

Leveller
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Leveller »

i rent a server on (dunno if its allowed to mention them here?) Digitaloc*an ; ) around 10$/mo. Its quite simple to set the game up under linux if you are comfortable with things like wget to download and screen it in the background. :)

NightmareInfinity
Inserter
Inserter

Post by NightmareInfinity »

Leveller wrote:i rent a server on (dunno if its allowed to mention them here?) Digitaloc*an ; ) around 10$/mo. Its quite simple to set the game up under linux if you are comfortable with things like wget to download and screen it in the background. :)
me and Klonan are starting up a host. I already have everything just need to write the backend for it and set up stuff. I know my way around linux.
This is my Signature. There are others like it but this one is mine.

NoPantsMcDance
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by NoPantsMcDance »

Best of luck.
Looking for a multiplayer server? Check out my servers Vanilla Server

Return to “General discussion”