Kaspersky just deleted Factorio???

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Duros1394
Inserter
Inserter

Kaspersky just deleted Factorio???

Post by Duros1394 »

Hey guys small post hoping anyone with kaspersky can help. Its deleted Factorio for it being identified as Malicious software? it happened yesterday and the Factorio.exe file has been deleted. Please Help.

Shadowcaster
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Kaspersky just deleted Factorio???

Post by Shadowcaster »

I too use Kaspersky and often question why I continue to use it as an avid gamer. Kaspersky hates anything from the internet so your best bet is to turn on gaming profile and lower your computer security settings. Leave internet security cranked too the max so you don't download a virus, but unless you already have a virus on your PC, reducing some security makes games run much better and without issue.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

Hi,

Either it's a false positive, and you'll get an update to Kaspersky that will stop doing this, or you hav your Factorio.exe infected by a virus from somewhere else - IF viruses still do such things, as it seems to me it's something from the past - and Kaspersky saw it. Either way, a redownload should solve yout immediate problem.
Note : if it has been quarantined and not deleted, you may send it to KAspersky through their support so that they correct their signatures and stop thinking Factorio is a virus.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Duros1394
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Duros1394 »

I've added it to exceptions and gonna reduce the security level. I think its to do with a panic i may have had 5 days ago where my computer got rerally slow after downloading something so i assumed a virus and cranked up the security. Thanks guys

Duros1394
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Duros1394 »

Ok even with factorio in exceptions it still gets deleted as if it was a virus. This is very strange factorio has never popped up as one last time i played was back on a 12.X version and they worked fine. My steam version is also untouched.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

Then get in touch with your AV publisher, and warn them of what you think is a false positive.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

TruePikachu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by TruePikachu »

If you can get an instance of the executable that keeps being deleted, upload it to VirusTotal to run a scan on other scanners as well, just in case there actually is a problem with it. This also can add weight to proving a false positive.

Return to “General discussion”