Launched my first rocket. What next?

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Tomash
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Launched my first rocket. What next?

Post by Tomash »

Hello, this is my first post on Factorio forum. I've been lurking and reading for a long time.
I've just completed my first rocket launch in vanilla 0.13.20 open game, which took 33hrs, all on default settings (normal resources all the way, no peaceful mode).
I'd like to continue having fun with Factorio, so: what should I add now for my next open game? Some specific mods?
Please no "make the resources more scarce", I've already spent half the effort in that 33hrs gameplay on getting oil from two small and distant groups of oil patches (5-6 patches 40% starting yield each).

Tami
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Launched my first rocket. What next?

Post by Tami »

You can limit yourself by disallowing solar panels, or use trains only and such staff.
Also you can start in a harsh world with tons of enemies for a bloody fight fight resources. Also you turn off alien expansion so cleared area keeps clear.

You can be creative in this game. Do what you want to do. Also you can try Bobs Mods for a greater varity of items.

Hannu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Hannu »

I do not know what you should do. There are so much possibilities. I like large and complex systems and like to build large bases able to handle hundreds of raw materials per second. I think that end game, the most interesting and entertaining phase, begins when I launch first rockets. Currently I make some kind of train world with Bobs and Angel's mods, but it seems to take insane number of hours to build all processing factories and organize trains between them.

Other options are for example
- much more enemies or no enemies
- vanilla trainworld (I recommend barreling mod, tanker wagon and RSO)
- speedrun
- ultimate megabases
- all options in suitable multiplayer server

There are also many choices. Do you prefer bots or belts, trains or belts, laser or gun turrets, power production methods etc. Then you can set your own restrictions (no modules, no certain types of modules, no certain types of weapons, no beacons etc.). All can these options can be combined with high variety of mods.

If you have difficulties to choose, you can watch some videos. There are videos with many playstyles and mod combinations. You may get feeling that you want to try something.

Frightning
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Frightning »

The answer to your question is: Whatever you want to do.

Factorio is very much a game where you set your own goals for yourself.

criminosis
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by criminosis »

My friend kind of wondered the same thing. We've decided to try to attain some kind of rocket launches / minute interval as our next target.

British_Petroleum
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by British_Petroleum »

there are soooooo many cool mods that you could spend forever playing. Listing by most downloaded is a good place to start. Some mod descriptions are lacking so you really have to play them to see what they're about.

ChurchOrganist
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ChurchOrganist »

I would try multiplayer.

You learn a lot from working on a factory with other people, particularly if they're more experienced than you.
Want to know where the biters chewing your power plant have come from??
Wondering where your next iron is going to come from??
You need Long Range Radar

realm174
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by realm174 »

You could try a mega factory with robots only (no belts, no trains)... don't forget to plan for mega power, you'll need it! :)

Grimakar
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Grimakar »

Try the lazy achievement (Crafting max 111 items manually). That was really fun to me.

bigyihsuan
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by bigyihsuan »

Whatever you want at this point.

Or you could build more rockets. Make the rocket rate faster. Faster. FASTER. MORE ROCKETS

dasiro
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by dasiro »

try playing the stable 14 build as there are some differences
my next goal was getting all achievements which I just completed after 853 hours of gameplay (probably way too high, since I sometimes leave it paused when I'm out or doing something else)
I forced myself to get several achievements in the same game so it took me quite some time to get some of them and I only had to "cheat" (look them up on the forum here) for 2 of them as I didn't know what I was doing wrong.
Be quick however, since they're going to change the research completely and I guess some of them will be a lot harder to get in a few months

Return to “General discussion”