Recicle obsolete items

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Foreros
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Recicle obsolete items

Post by Foreros »

At the begin of the game you have 1 burner mining drill.
After you build electricity stations it become useless with any other thing you've built before gaining the last tecnology and where the ugraded building dont require previous one for assemble it.
Why dont let assembling machines to deconstruct/disassemble/dismount obsolete items and recovery inventory/chests spaces and collect few resources, even if less than the original amount?
After all even the steel furnaces are useless after the research of Advanced material processing 2, so why keep them in some chests or in an inventory/belt slot...
After researching all tecnologies I've not found something for this purpose...
[I'm not sure about the word to use in the search, so if the topic is already discussed somewere, please link it to me in a comment and I go there for discussion decision and proposal.]

realm174
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Recicle obsolete items

Post by realm174 »

Foreros
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Foreros »

I'm using the basic game actually.
I was proposing it as a standard function of the game, if not already present. :P

vanatteveldt
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by vanatteveldt »

There are a lot of threads about this over at the suggestions subforum. The conclusion seems to be that it is not very useful since you can always remove unwanted items (put in chest, shoot chest) and the resources for those items are neglible.

However, let me plug my recycling mod, which allows you to smelt down burner-era stuff in a normal smelter: https://mods.factorio.com/mods/vanatteveldt/recycling. No items added, just some recipes (smelt burner inserter -> 1 iron, etc)

Return to “General discussion”