Excellent Game Quality

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
NosytNamffoh
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Excellent Game Quality

Post by NosytNamffoh »

I really hope someone from the dev team reads this, you guys have done a fantastic job.

In the last few years I have purchased several games. Some beta level games and some major releases. Of all my purchases the one that has given me, the customer, the most value is Factorio!

Firstly I am not a "hardcore" gamer. I do not sit and calculate the quantity and times for optimal efficiency, I don't use mods and I don't play multiplayer. What I do is simply play Factorio for what it is and keep on adding and moving factories forward to new and great things. This game has done 3 things I have never seen in another game.

Firstly is dev team interaction. This game has a very open, honest and respectful development team. They are active on the forum and neither let players bully their direction nor lash out at ideas they do not like. This level of transparency really makes me feel like my money was well spent in furthering a company that is going to succeed based on product value rather then grabbing every cent they can to get rich. Your entire company has gathered a positive reputation and I would definitely purchase more products in the future. As a side note I almost feel bad that I got Factorio for so cheap so I would not be against a couple pieces of DLC to further enhance your income stream.

Second thing is quality. I gather that the dev team for Factorio is pretty small. In my experience small companies cut corners to bring in revenue and push things out quickly due to management and investor pressure. I have never seen this in Factorio. I have played extensively and have yet to encounter a single bug. Now to emphasize this I have been in quality roles for ~13 years and have been the bane of developers because of my ability to break things. Now under what I would consider normal conditions I have not seen Factorio break. For me seeing a small team accomplish this is surprising and you guys need to make sure to give yourselves credit for that. I have not seen that from many developments in the past.

Lastly is content and graphics. I believe Factorio has done an outstanding job of balancing graphics with content. To many games todays spend abundant time and effort on making breath taking graphics for a game that takes very little time to complete. Factorio has what I would consider decent graphics for the price point and content of the game. It doesn't stress my machine and really allows me to build expansive amazing factories. I think you are right on the mark for graphics and I would say exceeding my expectations on content.

You will not see me much on the forums as I am not generally one to say much. But I felt it necessary to let the team know you are doing an amazing job. If you keep this up you are all going to be very successful. Never trade money for values and you will always have a strong community of followers.

GREAT JOB!

Matthias_Wlkp
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Excellent Game Quality

Post by Matthias_Wlkp »

I couldn't write this better myself.

Kelderek
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Kelderek »

NosytNamffoh wrote:As a side note I almost feel bad that I got Factorio for so cheap so I would not be against a couple pieces of DLC to further enhance your income stream.
In the mean time, before we get any DLC or expansions, you can always buy a copy of the game for a friend or relative which shows support to the devs and spreads the joy around to more people :)

Aeternus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Aeternus »

Hear hear. Factorio is definately a welcome contrast to the "graphics over gameplay" type of crap you see many games do nowadays, especially first person shooters. I got a copy of this game from a torrent after reading a suggestion for it for games that favor the "turtle" kind of strategy in RTS games, but it didn't take me too long to realize that this game was well worth the price being asked for it. It's the 5th game I've spent money on (following, in order, Neverwinter Nights, Homeworld 2, Diablo 3, Startrek Online and this one now). Graphics are nothing if the gameplay sucks. If you're purely looking for graphics, there's movies for that...

Tekky
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Tekky »

There is a "thank you" thread on this forum for exactly this purpose. If you want the devs to read your post, you may want to create a link to this thread in the thank you thread, or ask a moderator to merge this thread with that one.

And yes, I agree with you that Factorio is the greatest game in all time (even though the game is officially not even finished yet). ;-)

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by daniel34 »

Tekky wrote:There is a "thank you" thread on this forum for exactly this purpose. If you want the devs to read your post, you may want to create a link to this thread in the thank you thread, or ask a moderator to merge this thread with that one.

And yes, I agree with you that Factorio is the greatest game in all time (even though the game is officially not even finished yet). ;-)
I copied the first post into that thread since it is so well written and contains the same thoughts I also had ;)
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

Tekky
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Tekky »

Nice. :)

Tekky
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Tekky »

Kelderek wrote:
NosytNamffoh wrote:As a side note I almost feel bad that I got Factorio for so cheap so I would not be against a couple pieces of DLC to further enhance your income stream.
In the mean time, before we get any DLC or expansions, you can always buy a copy of the game for a friend or relative which shows support to the devs and spreads the joy around to more people :)
I fully agree with this. I am doing the same as best I can, because I also feel guilty having paid only 20 Euros for the game. :)

AxeSlash
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by AxeSlash »

+1

There aren't many games that I have sunk this much time into, and I have maximum respect for the way the devs have handled the creation and evolution of this masterpiece.

I will definitely be keeping a close eye on their future endeavours once Factorio is 'finished'.

Return to “General discussion”