[Feature requers] Tile labels

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.

Would you like to have special concrete tiles with selectable item texture for labels?

Yes
57%
No
43%

Total votes: 7

Vatharian
Inserter
Inserter

[Feature requers] Tile labels

Post by Vatharian »

The map labels are glorious! I can finally organize and mark points of interests, as I explore.
What I'd love to see, is tile labels.

I imagine it as single square concrete tile, which you can select single (any) item texture, like for blueprints or signals, while placing, and it will remain this way, until you mine it.

Use case is labelling chests (when they are empty, waiting for something, designing a factory part or others), segments or general are marking when working with terrain directly, or for precise measurements. Also, when you return to game after pause (be it breakfast, work, or, heaven forbid, sleep), you tend to forget what was for what purpose.

Second use case is multiplayer communication - you can quickly create rally points, mark areas for specific purpose or request an item without writing it, also defeating language barrier, if any.

At this moment, I use filter inserters which show item labels with ALT pressed, but they can't select fluids or text icons, and mods like Text Tiles or Nixies are not enough.

What do you think, fellow players?
Veni, Vici, Spaghettici - never bus! (tm)

Return to “General discussion”