forum update/lag/problems ?

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
BinaryMan
Inserter
Inserter

forum update/lag/problems ?

Post by BinaryMan »

Tonight about 2 hours ago, it seems the forum might have been updating. Pages were not loading at all, then at some point one did load with a different theme (the gray/orange which is new to me). Making a post still shows the old light blue/white theme for me at this time. I don't object to the color scheme changes, however now pages are loading very slowly compared to before. I checked other sites to be sure, and it is definitely a difference in the forum only. Typically from 5-10s loads to 30-60 second loads, and sometimes several minutes or failed page load (though at this point, only rarely).

Is anyone else having similar issues, and was there some kind of large update? After posting my theme has reverted, perhaps I am bouncing between different forum servers or something, or they reverted the update ?

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: forum update/lag/problems ?

Post by FishSandwich »

I get the lag/non-loading every now and then, it happens from time to time. Also, if you log out you'll see that the grey/orange seems to be the default for people without an account(noticed it a few months back), so the server might not've gotten your login credentials and sent you the logged out version of the forum. You can change it to that style manually if you prefer it, in your board preferences.
Last edited by FishSandwich on Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

micomico
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by micomico »

FishSandwich wrote:I can't find anywhere in the options to change it to that permanently.
User Control Panel -> Board preferences -> Edit global settings -> My board style

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

micomico wrote:
FishSandwich wrote:I can't find anywhere in the options to change it to that permanently.
User Control Panel -> Board preferences -> Edit global settings -> My board style
Editted my post just as you posted that.. ;)

micomico
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by micomico »

FishSandwich wrote:Editted my post just as you posted that.. ;)
I spent a lot of my ninja points to do it faster.

Return to “General discussion”