[0.12.x][v0.12.7] Bob's Enemies Mod

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

The 6th damage type (Orange) should

Poll ended at Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:58 am

Stay as Impact
23%
Change to Electric
77%

Total votes: 13

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.12.x][v0.12.7] Bob's Enemies Mod

Post by orzelek »

Deadly-Bagel wrote:I installed Loot Chest mod, much more convenient. Some still sneak into my inventory but it's not too bad, and you save a lot of running around. Then you can make a cool setup to sort the different colour artefacts and send the little ones off to be turned into big ones ^^
Boogieman14 wrote:Also, not sure if it's RSO, Bob's or just base game updates, but I find biter expansion has become really aggressive. I've been clearing nests in the area regularly, but every so often I find a new nest that set up camp almost on my doorstep.
I've never known them to be this aggressive in vanilla and I'm running just Bob's Mods and a few little helpers. Yeah from about 80% evolution (now at 90%) it's like I'll clear an area for a new outpost, run off to get some rails and by the time I come back they've moved in again! While building an outpost to process military hardware (long overdue MK5 laser towers, bots and diamond laser rifle ammo) I cleared the same nest four times.

Also is it just me or are Laser Robots somewhat underwhelming considering their build time and expense?
I had reports that RSO had.. reverse efect. As in reducing the migration to much. It really depends on few things like base enemy density, amount of explored area and randomness.
And if you want to build an outpost then leave some turrets there or migration will happen if it's one of not many valid migration spots. You can check those in debug menu.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

MrGergoth wrote:-- Enemies mod

-- if set to true, Enemies will drop small versions of Alien Artifacts.
bobmods.config.enemies.EnableSmallArtifacts = false
Only this line, right?
Yes, just that line.
Deadly-Bagel wrote: Also is it just me or are Laser Robots somewhat underwhelming considering their build time and expense?
Probably.

Have you seen the drone launcher for the tank? It's an artillery shell that creates 6 Defender robots when it explodes.
I've been thinking of doing the same thing with those robot tanks.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Deadly-Bagel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadly-Bagel »

I did but I haven't bothered making the T3 tank (yet?), anyway doesn't it just create the same robots? By the way what happens to those robots then, do they still follow the player or do they stick around where the shell was fired?

Overall coming to endgame it feels that everything is overpowered (thus all balances out) except the player's weapons and defensive tools. The MK5 Laser Turrets are a good start but as far as I'm aware there are one or two more tiers of biters I'm yet to encounter as my evolution has just hit 90%. I'm still using Stone Walls but most of the time the spitters destroy the towers first, and about all I could improve is my Power Armour and the gear in it.

Currently using MK3, I think with 4x T2 Fusion Reactors, five T2 Shields, five Roboports, and three T2 Exoskeletons. I looked at upgrading the shields but they aren't more efficient, they just hold more charge, so for prolonged combat they're not too useful. When I get max tier Power Armour and Fusion Reactors I'll be able to see if adding some offensive modules doesn't drain too much power from my shields to survive the worms as well as provide a real boost to nest-clearing speed.

It's a tricky thing to balance really, when you attack a nest it just constantly spawns biters. When a few nests are involved it quickly becomes an infinite horde. The only two ways of dealing with this are to kite the horde around to give you occasional shots at the spawners (assuming you can survive the worms), or go in with a hundred guns which is basically only possible with combat bots. Maybe the MK3 tank? I can't remember its equipment grid size but again it would need enough space to power shields and the plasma cannons etc.

Ideally we would be able to mod in equipment that drains ammo so you could put in guns that are small and have little or no power consumption but still pack a punch, balanced by the consumption of ammo. Not sure if that's possible but it would be really cool to have like twenty machine guns on the tank that just fire at everything when you roll into a nest ^^
Money might be the root of all evil, but ignorance is the heart.

ukezi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ukezi »

just get the best armor you can get, load up with equipment and important legs, get your flamer kill all nest in an area and lead the remaining titans in a big row of lasers at your rails.

Return to “Bob's mods”