Incinerator

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

tux_mark_5
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Incinerator

Post by tux_mark_5 »

It would be great if bob's mods would have an item destroyer/incinerator that would simply destroy unwanted items. Right now I have a late game factory that massively overproduces Sodium hydroxide. Currently I just stash it into 20+ storage boxes and when these fill up I just destroy them with the items inside. It would be great if this hassle could be skipped by having some sort of incinerator/item destroyer/recycling machine.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Incinerator

Post by bobingabout »

It's likely pretty easy with a script... anything inside said "Chest" gets deleted.
I prefer not to use scripts where possible.

The alternative though is a recipe to delete the item, the problem with that you can't create a recipe that gives you nothing... you can however have it give you somethng with 0% chance, but that gives issues if you use the item it gives you.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

I'm using compression chests mod for this. It might be considered a bit op but can pack all those items into one chest.

tux_mark_5
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by tux_mark_5 »

What I'd love to see in factorio in the future (by using mods or in vanilla) is waste management. In reality, when you build stuff, you get various waste products that then need to be utilized. Adding this to factorio would mean that you might need to build waste disposal sites that produce obscene amounts of pollution. Or with some research and advanced technologies you could get some "eco-friendly" incinerators that do not produce any pollution at all, but use a lot of energy. This kind of think would add an extra dimension to the gameplay. Any thoughts on this?

killwort
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by killwort »

Most organics when (properly) burned produce water and carbon dioxide plus not-so-much other generally usable chemicals (in game that might be pure chlorine and sulfur, as they are widespread and useful).
Inorganic materials (=metals in game) can be usually melted back into 'plate' form.

So my suggestion is to have 'Grind/make powder' recipe for solid items (e.g. take some obsolte stuff like vanilla ammo and grind it back to iron powder), which prouces metal powder+organic wastes (liquid/gaseous?), recipe for melting metallic powders back into plates (some metals, like tungsten already have powdered form), and lastly the recipe to burn organic waste and other solid/liquids/gases (organic) items to water (hot - may be used for power) plus some sulfur, chlorine, etc.

"Utilitzation" does not have to be lossless, so if you used, say, 1k iron and 1k sulfur to produce some ammo, you can yield no more than 60-70% of these.

Return to “Bob's mods”