destroy gaz

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

ikodan
Inserter
Inserter

destroy gaz

Post by ikodan »

Hello,

I produce too much oxygen, how to destroy it ?

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: destroy gaz

Post by bobingabout »

There is no easy way to destroy it currently.
You do however have 3 options.

1. Bottle it, to use it later. You may be producing too much because you havn't built the full production chain, there may be something later that will use it up.
2. You may be seeing too much Oxygen because you're using too much hydrogen, if this is the case try creating hydrogen from the oil chain by cracking petroleum gas.
3. Fill a storage tank, then remove it, destroying the fluids inside.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

UberWaffe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by UberWaffe »

I've added recipes for myself that allow me to vent (destroy) oxygen and nitrogen via air pumps. I figured since the atmosphere is contains large amounts of oxygen and nitrogen anyhow, simply venting does not need to reflect any sort of high-pollution or difficult process.

I've put this into a quick little mod called BobAventing which can be found here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/83bghnu954z43 ... 0.zip?dl=0

Note, however, that this does upset balance, it that it makes some production chains possible without any manual intervention.
As an example: One can now produce "hydrogen -> solid fuel" from water and keep the system fully automated by simply venting all oxygen.

Sidenote: It isn't possible to make recipes that produce nothing. So these recipes use 1 oxygen/nitrogen and produce 0.1 oxygen/nitrogen. So you need to loop the output to the input to prevent it from 'clogging-up'.

sillyfly
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by sillyfly »

Don't know whether it's possible with modded fluids, but all vanilla fluids can be used in steam engines (instead of water).
I always make a steam engine powered by light oil connected to a single radar, so that I never have light oil blocking my production. (Heavy is no problem because it gets cracked to light, and petroleum is always what you end up needing the most of).

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Venting gasses is something on my todo list for the next major release actually. You can't make a recipe that gives you nothing, but you CAN make a recipe that gives you something with a probability of 0, that means you get nothing.
But there's a catch, this something with a probability of 0 must not be used as an ingredient in any recipe. If you do, you can crash the game trying to use a recipe that uses it as an ingredient.

I think the best way to do it is to create a new fluid named Vent, or similar, and have that as the product of these venting recipes, with 0% probability, so you never actually get any.
I also have a Patreon.

sillyfly
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by sillyfly »

Isn't it possible to make a custom storage tank that deletes it's contents every x ticks, or something like that?

UberWaffe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by UberWaffe »

bobingabout wrote:Venting gasses is something on my todo list for the next major release actually. You can't make a recipe that gives you nothing, but you CAN make a recipe that gives you something with a probability of 0, that means you get nothing.
But there's a catch, this something with a probability of 0 must not be used as an ingredient in any recipe. If you do, you can crash the game trying to use a recipe that uses it as an ingredient.

I think the best way to do it is to create a new fluid named Vent, or similar, and have that as the product of these venting recipes, with 0% probability, so you never actually get any.
That's brilliant. I had not even considered that.

Degraine
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Degraine »

Why not simply have it produce a much smaller amount of the same gas? If the recipe takes in 11 units of a gas and produces 1 unit, you're removing 10 per cycle and you can just loop the output back to the input.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

sillyfly wrote:Isn't it possible to make a custom storage tank that deletes it's contents every x ticks, or something like that?
With scripting, something I want to try to avoid.
UberWaffe wrote:
bobingabout wrote:Venting gasses is something on my todo list for the next major release actually. You can't make a recipe that gives you nothing, but you CAN make a recipe that gives you something with a probability of 0, that means you get nothing.

That's brilliant. I had not even considered that.
of course, you have to write a recipe for each gas/fluid you want to be able to "Vent", but that shouldn't be an issue.
I also have a Patreon.

cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cpy »

bobingabout wrote:There is no easy way to destroy it currently.
You do however have 3 options.

1. Bottle it, to use it later. You may be producing too much because you havn't built the full production chain, there may be something later that will use it up.
2. You may be seeing too much Oxygen because you're using too much hydrogen, if this is the case try creating hydrogen from the oil chain by cracking petroleum gas.
3. Fill a storage tank, then remove it, destroying the fluids inside.
1. wrong
2. wrong
3. wrong

1. power up steam engine with it
2. power up steam engine with it
3. power up steam engine with it

Heck who needs water anyway, just heat it up in boilers to even generate power lol.

ikodan
Inserter
Inserter

Post by ikodan »

I wanted to destroy gaz in order to produce solid fuel, but now, with upgrades and factory, I produce 3000 solid fuel with.. only 1 heavy oil barel, and I have unlimited oil...

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

cpy wrote:1. power up steam engine with it
Well, that works too.
"Hot Oxygen powered Steam engines!" x3
ikodan wrote:I wanted to destroy gaz in order to produce solid fuel, but now, with upgrades and factory, I produce 3000 solid fuel with.. only 1 heavy oil barel, and I have unlimited oil...
Did you by any chance fill every module slot with T5 god modules?
I also have a Patreon.

ikodan
Inserter
Inserter

Post by ikodan »

bobingabout wrote:
cpy wrote:1. power up steam engine with it
Well, that works too.
"Hot Oxygen powered Steam engines!" x3
ikodan wrote:I wanted to destroy gaz in order to produce solid fuel, but now, with upgrades and factory, I produce 3000 solid fuel with.. only 1 heavy oil barel, and I have unlimited oil...
Did you by any chance fill every module slot with T5 god modules?
Yes, but it's working too with the efficiency module. My tips is to multiplicate the steps... But nevermind, now I have all techs, milion of items, and there is nothing more to do in the game.

FireLion1983
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by FireLion1983 »

Not sure if this is a good place to post this, but I was wondering if anyone knew how to "smart vent" gas. I'm trying to only vent above a certain threshold as to store a bit of the gasses. Thanks for any advice.

Degraine
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Degraine »

Sure, attach a small pump to the relevant pipeline and connect it to the nearest tank of that gas. Configure it to run when it's above a certain threshold, and attach a steam engine to the other side of the pump. It will automatically consume the gas without doing anything.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Degraine wrote:Sure, attach a small pump to the relevant pipeline and connect it to the nearest tank of that gas. Configure it to run when it's above a certain threshold, and attach a steam engine to the other side of the pump. It will automatically consume the gas without doing anything.
Although the steam engine works, I added a void pump that's supposed to do that job.
I also have a Patreon.

FireLion1983
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by FireLion1983 »

Thanks for the replies, that'll come in real handy. I tried doing this, but I was trying to attach red wire to the void pump itself, and it was unable. So it seems like I have to put a small pump in between the tank and the void pump. Thanks a lot!

Return to “Bob's mods”