Tree Farming and Lag

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

SpeedDaemon
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Tree Farming and Lag

Post by SpeedDaemon »

I've been suffering from lag from too many tree farms in large Bob's Mods factories, so I created a small mod to fix the problem.

Decided to polish it up a bit and post it, since I can't be the only one having the problem. :)

cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Tree Farming and Lag

Post by cpy »

There are many ways to fix tree farms, when it gets bad in new 0.12 me and my friend have few options. Fake tree farm, which looks like old treefarm eats pollution and craft a lot of wood piles at once with long timer, you can then put wood piles to sawmill for lot of wood and gains are similar to treefarm with similar time lag.

Option B. reduce amount of check treefarm uses and increase chances for growth. So make treefarm 10x slower but 10x higher chance to grow. But probably first option is best.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Of course there is also Option C. Either don't use treefarm, or keep it for early game, then switch your production to Synthetic wood from Heavy oil instead. Can even make Heavy oil from Coal too to keep the complexity of managing multiple fluids down, so you're effectively replacing wood with coal.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cpy »

Can you even make lot of wood from it? I play scalar mod too so i require tons of wood.

SpeedDaemon
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by SpeedDaemon »

cpy wrote:Can you even make lot of wood from it? I play scalar mod too so i require tons of wood.
Just edit prototypes/recipe.lua and adjust the "gh-logs" recipe to what you need. energy_required is the crafting time, and ingredients and result_count should be self explanatory.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Personally I'd vote for this mod to replace the original requirement for treefarm presence.
It gets problematic at 4-5 farms and when you reach 9 it can get nasty.

I was always replacing it with synthetic wood - that needs lots of oil and that "worse" recipe that nets more heavy oil would help a lot.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

orzelek wrote:that "worse" recipe that nets more heavy oil would help a lot.
thats what I forgot to add
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Return to “Bob's mods”