How do I use the void pump?

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

Andretti
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

How do I use the void pump?

Post by Andretti »

First of all, amazing work Bob. Your mods are great and add a lot of depth to the game. My only problem so far is that I have no idea how to use the void pump to get rid of unwanted gas. I will not list everything I tried and failed because it is pointless so please tell me the exact procedure to use the void pump.

DerivePi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: How do I use the void pump?

Post by DerivePi »

Connect to unwanted gas pipe, add power - done. Unwanted gasses are voided.

SpeedDaemon
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by SpeedDaemon »

Andretti wrote:First of all, amazing work Bob. Your mods are great and add a lot of depth to the game. My only problem so far is that I have no idea how to use the void pump to get rid of unwanted gas. I will not list everything I tried and failed because it is pointless so please tell me the exact procedure to use the void pump.
It seems to work like a furnace (automatically picks a recipe based on what you send to it). I just pump whatever I want to get rid of into it, and it disappears.

I'm currently using one in conjunction with some combinators to balance chlorine/hydrogen/oxygen production by voiding excess oxygen.

Andretti
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Andretti »

DerivePi wrote:Connect to unwanted gas pipe, add power - done. Unwanted gasses are voided.
That was exactly what I was trying. So I rebuilt the whole system and I found the problem. You must give the recipe to the factory AFTER connecting it to the void pump. If you first give it the recipe and THEN add the void pump it fails to work.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Since it is a furnace style, you shouldn't need to give it a recipe at all, it should pick it automatically.

Also note: It only works with base gasses (Hydrogen, Oxygen, Nitrogen and Chlorine), water, Lithia water, and Liquid/Compressed air. (though to be honest I am reconsidering the latter 3)
Also make sure you get the pump the right way around, there's only one side that will connect to a pipe.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cpy »

I forgot to ask does it cause pollution? Releasing O2 probably is not that dangerous as chlorine right? :D

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

cpy wrote:I forgot to ask does it cause pollution? Releasing O2 probably is not that dangerous as chlorine right? :D
Releasing different ammounts of polution based on the gas being released is something that would require scripting. something as you know I'm trying to avoid.

I honestly forgot about polution when I did this, It just releases the standard energy consumption polution ammount of most machines in my mod.
I also have a Patreon.

coolidge
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by coolidge »

Is there a way to pump if there is more than X gas in the thing it is connected to?

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Not directly. And I havn't tried this myself, but the storage tank has the abillity to connect wires to it, as does the small pump. You could create a system where you place a storage tank, with a small pump coming from one of the pipe nodes, and going into a void pump. Then you wire the storage tank to the small pump, with a check so that it only operates if the storage tank has more than X of Y fluid in it.
I also have a Patreon.

coolidge
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by coolidge »

Thanks. I didn't know you could wire those; that worked.

Return to “Bob's mods”