New Science packs and SCT

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

UberWaffe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

New Science packs and SCT

Post by UberWaffe »

@Bobingabout:
I'm doing a mod that allows science costs to be tweaked. https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... 91&t=14294

I'm planning on building in compatibility with your mods.
So I just want to find out what the future plans for the new science packs are? (As in what types of technology would they typically be used to unlock?)

I currently view them as somewhere between blue science and alien science. Is that were they are aimed at?
(Gold now appears to be a combo of all science packs, so I assume they are meant as an end tier?)

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: New Science packs and SCT

Post by bobingabout »

There are no current defined plans to change any of the research costs so far.

Science pack 4 is added for Advanced lab along with the 4 base game packs as a standard research item.
Science pack Gold is used only in the Alien lab as a collection of packs 1 through 3, mostly to keep the number of icons in the lab GUI down, more than 8 and it starts to stretch the GUI.

If you assume the stuff that is already unlocked is T1, then Red science unlocks T2 items, Green T3, Blue T4 and Science pack 4 for T5. Alien Science pack is for use if Alien Artifacts are used in the recipe, or just T6. Then Alien research lab is T5 to T8, exceptions to this rule are made if the item uses alien artifacts, or items made from them in their recipe, such as the new-unwritten recipes for Ammo in Warfare mod, or just combat orientated stuff.

The only changes I may make are with Alien science pack and science pack 4, All of the base game items, and some of the items in my mod still require Alien Science packs as a T5 research item even if they don't require alien artifacts to build. So some things like the Combat Robot Follower count research, I may tweak the research recipes there as an example.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

crysanja
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by crysanja »

for me the hmm bob-dark-blue science felt a bit fast/cheap - however i was using prod. modules.
not sure if you should balance costs for thouse or not =)
maybe i should limit myselfe to use them just in miners/smelters

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

I tried to choose things of an apropriate tech level for it's construction. Express belts means you need lube production, and the 2 bob's mods items both need science pack 3 researchs
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

crysanja
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by crysanja »

uh im sorry

i ment the number of bakers with cheap =)
ok i guess the blue belt and the nitrit thingy are much less difficult to get

Return to “Bob's mods”