My personal experience with bobs mods.

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

SuperObeseNinja
Inserter
Inserter

My personal experience with bobs mods.

Post by SuperObeseNinja »

So guys, I'd like to start this with these words "I FRICKIN LOVE bobs mods"

Bob you've done something wonderful here I don't know how much praise you get for what you do but you deserve it all and then some.

now on to my review,
Everything is much harder (except maybe oil)

starting off you collect allot of wood (you'll need it) get your power running and then start thinking (I need better science) so you look through and see circuits are a little harder to create, (just replace your iron line with 3 factories 1 making wood plank things the other 2 making wood boards) run that into inserters for green science then your set for a few until you realize you need the basic electronic circuits. this is where things get complicated. the progression is great imo but once it gets here I get sloppy. i've tried making it look nice but its rather difficult knowing you need good throughput on electronic components. skipping past this step isnt optional you NEED these automated. once you get past these and the advanced circuit thingys you get to the fun stuff, processing other materials such as cobalt and silver and gold all of which are needed in higher end things. rather fun stuff to mess with. I don't suggest starting in a very big spawn area because for some reason the extra ores avoid the start area (atleast in my experience) i have yet to get past purple science and into god modules (which seem AWESOME) but as is I love the mod and would love to see more of it.

On a side note,
I was wondering if it were possible to create an assembling machine esq thing that a transport belt could lead directly into (and possibly go through) but the assembling machine takes materials it needs for said recipe directly from the belt (limit its ability to collect from the belt to the speed of 1 normal inserter for a regular one and upgrade it to fast for the second tier of machine etc etc)

allex
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: My personal experience with bobs mods.

Post by allex »

The mod is really awesome but way too easy.
Bitter are so weak with the new equipment.

Not to mention the god modules and the news assembly machine.
I don't know why there are so many laser types ...
With this mod, you can have fun a lot of hours, it's still really amazing.

SuperObeseNinja
Inserter
Inserter

Post by SuperObeseNinja »

allex wrote:The mod is really awesome but way too easy.
Bitter are so weak with the new equipment.

Not to mention the god modules and the news assembly machine.
I don't know why there are so many laser types ...
With this mod, you can have fun a lot of hours, it's still really amazing.
mmm i think the biters are fine, sniper turrets however are indeed really easy to get and make base clearing a cakewalk

DerivePi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DerivePi »

allex wrote:Bitter are so weak with the new equipment.
A few tweaks and this goes away. Bob's already got resistant biters to different attacks. He just needs to increase those resistances and the "easy" becomes complex. For example, he could make some biters very resistant to physical. This would limit the shotgun and then require portable lasers or flame thrower, etc...

https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... =8&t=14704
Here's a main bus approach to Bobs mod. I need to figure out a better train delivery system though.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

I do plan to do stuff with biters. Behemoth biters make my new ones seem like wimps. They're also pretty small.

I was thinking of doing an overide to make the behemoth biters/spitters bigger, then adding another tier of my own that are on par with them.

And perhaps increasing the resistances of those I already have too.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

You can try to add Natural Evolution or similar mod. It won't make the biters more powerful but more numerous for sure.

I'm usually running my base with green modules so I have a problem now with lack of alien artifacts since I'm not being attacked at all = no alien artifacts coming to me. I didn't really see how biters fare on high evolution factor levels also - will plan to get a more fighting game later.

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

I've been a long time player and supporter of DyTech, but I must say, you might have a convert!
I'm really having a lot of fun with the current version! Thanks.

I think I was manly drawn to DyTech, because of the added difficulty to the Aliens. I've always only added Bob's enemies to DyTech.

Give your Enemies mod a little bit more love and you've have a disciple :mrgreen:
orzelek wrote:You can try to add Natural Evolution or similar mod. It won't make the biters more powerful but more numerous for sure.
Listen to this man!

Nasabot
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Nasabot »

I started played Bobs Mod a few days ago and totally like it!

Before I played DyTech but Bobs mod is a lot smarter in my opinion. Not because of the ridiculous amount of crafting recipes, but because the balancing seems a lot more consistant! :)

Only thing I come across so far is that the mk1 fusion reactor(which is not very expansive) makes all armor solar panels obsolete. (didnt build those items, but "16x4 < 75")

Oh, and the advanced lead recipe seems bugged, it says you get a 7.5(?)/2 output, but you get 10/3(?)

However, I have to make more experience with the mod to fully understand and review it, but so far(midgame) it looks VERY GOOD.

Return to “Bob's mods”