Inventory/Crafting screen scrollbar

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

DesertSpud
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Inventory/Crafting screen scrollbar

Post by DesertSpud »

I'm trying to play at 4k resolution and after finding a comfortable level for the GUI scaling I get a scroll bar on the crafting portion of the inventory screen. If it scrolled with the mouse I'd probably just deal with it... but it doesn't. It seemed to line up with the bottom row of the inventory so I tried increasing the inventory size to 180. Screenshot shows the situation following that test.

Is there a way to force the crafting scroll bar to go away and show the full length of the crafting icons?

Boogieman14
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Inventory/Crafting screen scrollbar

Post by Boogieman14 »

This looks like a UI-scaling related bug in the base game. Make a bug report about it.
I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's the same, but with the letters in the correct order.

DesertSpud
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by DesertSpud »

OK, posted it in bug reports.

It seemed like it was a vanilla issue but due to the significantly lower number of crafting icons the scroll bar doesn't show up even when I push the scaling to 200%. So... that may explain why I couldn't find someone else reporting it. I've no clue if it's easy to mess with UI elements and their size through mods.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

what version of the base game are you using? The scrolling issue is something I think they were supposed to have fixed in one of the latest versions.

But, Yes, this is a base game issue, okay the error is only apparent with mods installed, but it should still be reported as a base game issue. (They actually deal with quite a few issues that only show up with mods in the base game bug reporting forums.)

I would guess this is a combination of using GUI Scaling, and 4K resolution, I've seen other 4k and multiscreen resolution issues posted there before.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

DesertSpud
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by DesertSpud »

I checked .12.6 (my install before monitor upgrade) and .12.10, redownloaded the game and your mods as part of the testing I did.

Return to “Bob's mods”