There is a missing module in this awesome mod

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

Porter65
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

There is a missing module in this awesome mod

Post by Porter65 »

That's Bob's map.

With Bob's map, you would get non-Earthlike biome, like lava fields, purple toxic plants.

When you explore, you find 'goodies huts' (that's the wording used in the Civilization series for surprises-in-a-chest bonus). The farther away, the better the finding. Near the spawn point, it can be a small ship wreck with 10 science 2 pack, further away perhaps 2 lasers, and even further who knows a robotport and 20 robots?

There are 'wild creatures', with unique loots. Hexapuma, Land Squids, etc. They are patrolling around their spawn point and killing them gives something precious and rare. Or they just guard the mining site you want...

Last, biters have a rare feral variant. This variant is hidden from the radar map and can burrow the earth to hide. Sometime when you travel, one of these biters will jump on you!

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: There is a missing module in this awesome mod

Post by bobingabout »

What you're talking about would likely require quite a lot of custom graphics... that's the part I can't really do.

If you look at what is in my mod, most of the graphics are basically recolours of what already exists, the odd "Jigsaw" or "Copy and Paste" artwork, basically made up from parts of other graphics, or the odd new piece which wasn't made by me.

The only real exception to this rule is Icons, most of which were just manipulated google image search results, or wikipedia images.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Porter65
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: There is a missing module in this awesome mod

Post by Porter65 »

Well, if you fancy the idea of having a module about 'exploration', you can start with the spaceships wrecks of the base game and add loots into them, based on distance to spawn points, and top / surround them with biters bases... But I can understand you are not interested in this feature.

Return to “Bob's mods”