Smart Inserters with Bobs Mods

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

DragonM
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Smart Inserters with Bobs Mods

Post by DragonM »

Not sure if anyone realizes this but it takes smart inserters to seperate the lead from the nickel and the smart inserters require lead plates to make them, is this a catch 20 or what?
It has made it impossible to make a smart without running down the belt and seperating the ores manually and inserting them the same. Im unsure if this was done deliberate or not, if so just remove my post.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Smart Inserters with Bobs Mods

Post by Koub »

Hi,
This is for game bugs, and what you point is what you think is a flaw in bob's mods design.

Moreover, if you add furnaces in front of a belt with lead+nickel, only lead will be turned into plates : nickel can't be smelted.
Source : viewtopic.php?p=136266#p136266. This way, no need of smart inserters to get lead plates :)

[Koub] Topic moved to Bob's mods subforum as not a game bug, but a bob's mods gameplay help
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

DragonM
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by DragonM »

Sorry I didnt know this was only for game bugs but thanks for that info regardless. Wasnt sure as Im new to this forum and using mods.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

DragonM wrote:Not sure if anyone realizes this but it takes smart inserters to seperate the lead from the nickel and the smart inserters require lead plates to make them, is this a catch 20 or what?
This problem will be fixed for the 0.13 version, where the default ore configuration will be that Galena gives Lead only, and Nickle has it's own ore patch.

But for the now, as Koub pointed out, Lead is smeltable, but Nickle is not, so untill you get smart inserters, you have 2 options.

1. Just mine stright to chests and manually place the lead in your furnaces.

2. Run the belt with the mixed ores past the furnaces, they will pick out only the lead, since Nickle can't be smelted. Then at the end of the line, had an inserter or 2 filling chests with what goes past. It will eventually fill up, and may occassionally pick up lead, but a little manual sorting will fix this.

Then later when you can make smart inserters, have them sort the ores.

Or option 3.... Splitter magic! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQGFhebyrSI
http://eu2.factorio.com/assets//img/blo ... sorter.gif
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

DragonM
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by DragonM »

bobingabout wrote:
DragonM wrote:Not sure if anyone realizes this but it takes smart inserters to seperate the lead from the nickel and the smart inserters require lead plates to make them, is this a catch 20 or what?
This problem will be fixed for the 0.13 version, where the default ore configuration will be that Galena gives Lead only, and Nickle has it's own ore patch.

But for the now, as Koub pointed out, Lead is smeltable, but Nickle is not, so untill you get smart inserters, you have 2 options.

1. Just mine stright to chests and manually place the lead in your furnaces.

2. Run the belt with the mixed ores past the furnaces, they will pick out only the lead, since Nickle can't be smelted. Then at the end of the line, had an inserter or 2 filling chests with what goes past. It will eventually fill up, and may occassionally pick up lead, but a little manual sorting will fix this.

Then later when you can make smart inserters, have them sort the ores.

Or option 3.... Splitter magic! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQGFhebyrSI
http://eu2.factorio.com/assets//img/blo ... sorter.gif
Well I like the idea of the splitter doing it cause you could implement a splitter to automaticly split that ore and not affect the rest of the techs. But in reality you wouldnt mine these 2 metals together or it wouldnt be very common. In fact lead today is rarely mined and used mostly from recycled materials and just in batteries mainly. You would find lead more in copper then in nickel. What I dont understand is why they dont have pyrite, it could be used in sulphur processing. Probably more so then mining actual sulphur as its rare to find it (only in volcanic areas)

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

DragonM wrote:Well I like the idea of the splitter doing it cause you could implement a splitter to automaticly split that ore and not affect the rest of the techs. But in reality you wouldnt mine these 2 metals together or it wouldnt be very common. In fact lead today is rarely mined and used mostly from recycled materials and just in batteries mainly. You would find lead more in copper then in nickel. What I dont understand is why they dont have pyrite, it could be used in sulphur processing. Probably more so then mining actual sulphur as its rare to find it (only in volcanic areas)
As I said
bobingabout wrote:This problem will be fixed for the 0.13 version, where the default ore configuration will be that Galena gives Lead only, and Nickle has it's own ore patch.
And although my ores mod can add minable sulfur, this is disabled by default.
I also have a Patreon.

DragonM
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by DragonM »

Well I understand it might be difficult to always make things realistic inside a video game but good job either way. I really enjoy what you've created so keep up the good work. I put a special thanks in another topic I found but would like to make it personally to you more so then anyone else ;)

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

DragonM wrote:Well I understand it might be difficult to always make things realistic inside a video game but good job either way. I really enjoy what you've created so keep up the good work. I put a special thanks in another topic I found but would like to make it personally to you more so then anyone else ;)
All I can really say to comments like this is "Thank you", It puts a smile on my face when I see people enjoying my creations.
I also have a Patreon.

Return to “Bob's mods”