Install error

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

Geertje123
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Install error

Post by Geertje123 »

Hello,

I wanted to use Bob's power mod, however, it appeared I needed certain metals and other mods for it to work properly, so I installed those as well, but due to all the dependencies I just installed the whole mod pack.
Now this is where the problem starts. When I started up my game and checked the mods list I noticed some of Bob's mods depend on other mods, like DyTech Core, DyTech mettalurgy, DyTech modules and F-mod. However, F-mod is outdated, and DyTech modules does not exist. So I installed DyTech core and DyTech metalurgy. Now when I start the game I get the error:

Which is correct, because I've checked the json files of each of those plugins and for some reason they both depend on eachother.

I've now ended up with a clusterfuck of mods due to dependencies and the game cannot start anymore with these plugins. I doubt I'm the only one who ran into this, but does anyone have an idea on how to fix this?

Kind regards,
geert

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Install error

Post by orzelek »

You don't need DyTech to run this.
Dependencies listed with ? are optional - no need to grab them for mod to work.

Geertje123
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Geertje123 »

orzelek wrote:You don't need DyTech to run this.
Dependencies listed with ? are optional - no need to grab them for mod to work.
ohhhh okay, didn't know the one prefixed with a question mark were optional. Thanks :)

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

The optional dependancies are to force other mods to load first, this is to fix issues caused by mods that normally wouldn't be compatable with each other, so that the mod that loads later (mine) can fix some of those issues.

though, looking at that error, it looks like DyTech is messed up x3
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Return to “Bob's mods”