Suggestion: Side Inserters

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

Adventurer
Inserter
Inserter

Suggestion: Side Inserters

Post by Adventurer »

There is a great mod called Side Inserters made by GotLag

viewtopic.php?f=93&t=13525

I feel like they make vanilla Factorio a bit too easy, but I feel like Bob's Mods adds so much complexity already that giving the player a few more options on their inserters would be a good addition.

It is technically compatible, but there's going to be a lot of inconsistencies. Therefore it would be cool if either Bob's Mods had its own side inserters so they can be handled consistently.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Suggestion: Side Inserters

Post by bobingabout »

It has been requested before (several times in fact).
It is on my to do list, but I don't know when I'll get around to doing anything with it, I'm looking at other areas of the mod right now. (Yes, the logistics mod)
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Adventurer wrote:There is a great mod called Side Inserters made by GotLag

I feel like they make vanilla Factorio a bit too easy, but I feel like Bob's Mods adds so much complexity already that giving the player a few more options on their inserters would be a good addition.

It is technically compatible, but there's going to be a lot of inconsistencies. Therefore it would be cool if either Bob's Mods had its own side inserters so they can be handled consistently.
You grab side inserters, near inserters and special express inserters addon from GotLag and then use config to disable bob's mods inserters.
All of them will be in nice separate tab then.

Adventurer
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Adventurer »

orzelek wrote:
Adventurer wrote:There is a great mod called Side Inserters made by GotLag

You grab side inserters, near inserters and special express inserters addon from GotLag and then use config to disable bob's mods inserters.
All of them will be in nice separate tab then.
You miss out on things like fast long inserters when you do that.

Return to “Bob's mods”