[0.13.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.13.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Post by Ranakastrasz »

In that case. Bob, Please update that information, since it is outdated. It would solve everything. Metaphorically speaking.
My Mods:
Modular Armor Revamp - V16
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Ranakastrasz wrote:In that case. Bob, Please update that information, since it is outdated. It would solve everything. Metaphorically speaking.
I updated the first post in the topic. The post you linked to is still valid as it is detailing the state of the update at that time, so if you're actually using the version as detailed in the post's title, it's correct.

The graphics in the post you keep linking aren't bad at all, but some of them arn't even needed anymore. I can't tell if he even made a change to the electrolysers, because those are the graphics I already use, and chemical plants, and furnaces, I already have unique coloured graphics for.

I don't like the poles... or the boilers...
but others like storage tanks, steam engines, accumulators, mining drills(looks to me actually like he just applied a tint to the frame), radars... worth considering.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

bobingabout wrote:The graphics in the post you keep linking aren't bad at all, but some of them arn't even needed anymore. I can't tell if he even made a change to the electrolysers, because those are the graphics I already use, and chemical plants, and furnaces, I already have unique coloured graphics for.
For a lot of your "tiered" items he just recollored/tinted them for consistency IE MK5's are purple, mk4's are blue, etc. This really helps on stuff like boilers, steam engines, storage tanks. 8-)

Also some of the tech icons and recipie icons where updated too *coughammoresearchandshotgunshells*

DRY411S
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DRY411S »

In up issuing your mods for v0.13 Factorio, did you change any recipes, in the sense that you added type="item" anywhere in ingredients lists?

My Recycling Mod was not handling type="item" correctly. In v0.12 of Factorio nobody reported this as a bug, so I wondered if you've changed anything for v0.13.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

My library function, when adding items to a recipe, will always use the {type="item", name="whatever", amount=#} method. both in 0.12 and now in 0.13. It's just easier to find out what things are in the functions if it's all using the same method, and when fluids are involved, you can't really use the {"name", amount} method. And it puts type="item" in there because it doesn't want to just leave it blank. the get_type would return blank if the item doesn't exist.
I also have a Patreon.

lenny27g
Inserter
Inserter

Post by lenny27g »

bobingabout wrote: The graphics in the post you keep linking aren't bad at all, but some of them arn't even needed anymore. I can't tell if he even made a change to the electrolysers, because those are the graphics I already use, and chemical plants, and furnaces, I already have unique coloured graphics for.

but others like storage tanks, steam engines, accumulators, mining drills(looks to me actually like he just applied a tint to the frame), radars... worth considering.
Alot of the graphics aren't changed some have tints added, but they are arranged in consistently tiered colors. From yellow->red->blue->purple->green. It also reorganizes the crafting menu to merge base items and your items (where your items will have new belts and inserters on another tab, this will put them all on the same tab). It changes some icons as well for electronic components.

I have used your mod with and without the addon and I must say that I prefer the addon. The newly added icon colors, structure tints, organized crafting menu, and consistent color tiers is great. It does cause a bit more stress on the game since it must load so many more entites but I have never had a drop in fps or sim speed.

makapse
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by makapse »

Did lead and Nickel ore seperate again? I can back after some 12.28 Main version so its been some time

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

makapse wrote:Did lead and Nickel ore seperate again? I can back after some 12.28 Main version so its been some time
Quite a few people were complaning about the single resource giving both items, so I changed the default to nickel having it's own resource.

You can change it back to the old style with bobconfig.
I also have a Patreon.

Tyrindor
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Tyrindor »

bobingabout wrote:
Ranakastrasz wrote:In that case. Bob, Please update that information, since it is outdated. It would solve everything. Metaphorically speaking.
I updated the first post in the topic. The post you linked to is still valid as it is detailing the state of the update at that time, so if you're actually using the version as detailed in the post's title, it's correct.

The graphics in the post you keep linking aren't bad at all, but some of them arn't even needed anymore. I can't tell if he even made a change to the electrolysers, because those are the graphics I already use, and chemical plants, and furnaces, I already have unique coloured graphics for.

There are some major improvements on many/most of the research icons. There's also some major improvements to the circuit boards, ammo textures, robot parts, etc. These things are an all around improvement, and if permission is given, would be nice to see in the default pack.

The "tier" coloring is preference in my opinion. I like it in some ways, and in other ways I don't. Like you said on some machines it looks good, on others it does not. It is very handy to be able to see what tier something is without selecting it though. Probably best if you added tiered coloring there's a config to disable/enable it.
lenny27g wrote:
bobingabout wrote: It also reorganizes the crafting menu to merge base items and your items (where your items will have new belts and inserters on another tab, this will put them all on the same tab). It changes some icons as well for electronic components..
And this. Makes things so much easier to find.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

BTW, I forgot to mention that I released an update for warfare:

Warfare 0.13.4
* Fixed trying to access groups and subgroups that don't exist in warfare mod.

Also Bob's Inserters v0.13.0!!!
Check out details here: viewtopic.php?f=51&t=6987&p=181167#p181167
I also have a Patreon.

sporefreak
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by sporefreak »

Hey Bob, I'm working on an inventory sorting mod (If you call that a mod)
However when I try to change the tab your power armor is in my mod fails to change their location. I have warfare set as an optional mod and I can't find anything in your files that would stop my mod. Not sure if you have any idea why that might be, also I'm unable to move vanilla armor and the splitters.
I could move your faster belts without problem (the purple and green transport belts)
Sorry if I'm unclear I keep forgetting to post so I kinda threw this together while at work before forgetting.
data.lua
subgroup-changes
item-groups

ljcomplex
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by ljcomplex »

Click for my stupidity

Nevermiiiind~ Just found the option in the config for it!

Edit: Okay, interesting thing is that when I go into the config file in Bobconfig, it doesn't actually change the ground water setting even if you change the value to True. I had to end up finding the setting in chemistry-recipe.lua in the bobplates mod.

Nebbeh
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Nebbeh »

So what steam setups are people using with bobs? I tried setting up with the ratios mentioend, but I only get water halfway down my steam engines...

Never mind, had a massive power drain, and that nerfed the boilers so only half my steam engine line was actually working when that happened...

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

sporefreak wrote:Hey Bob, I'm working on an inventory sorting mod (If you call that a mod)
However when I try to change the tab your power armor is in my mod fails to change their location.
You are only changing sort order of items. A lot of recipes in my mod also have a sort order, this allows the item to have a different position than the recipe. if you were to check the menu when choosing an item in a logistic filter for example, you'd probably notice the layout is completely different than the recipe screen. This is done so that the items were sorted by type (resource, chemical, intermediate, etc), where the recipes were sorted also by machine (chemical in a chemical plant, chemical in a furnace, chemical in an assembling machine, etc)
ljcomplex wrote:Okay, interesting thing is that when I go into the config file in Bobconfig, it doesn't actually change the ground water setting even if you change the value to True. I had to end up finding the setting in chemistry-recipe.lua in the bobplates mod.
see this post viewtopic.php?f=51&t=14611&start=20#p179219
Nebbeh wrote:So what steam setups are people using with bobs? I tried setting up with the ratios mentioend, but I only get water halfway down my steam engines...

Never mind, had a massive power drain, and that nerfed the boilers so only half my steam engine line was actually working when that happened...
See new values as listed at the bottom of this post viewtopic.php?f=51&t=4831#p36792
I also have a Patreon.

bug sniper
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by bug sniper »

Even if the unknown key message is intentional, there's a spelling mistake. Nice with on all the other parts though.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

bug sniper wrote:Even if the unknown key message is intentional, there's a spelling mistake. Nice with on all the other parts though.
the spelling mistake was there on purpose because the base game when I added it had a spelling mistake. if they've fixed the spelling mistake and I haven't, that would be the reason.
I also have a Patreon.

sporefreak
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by sporefreak »

bobingabout wrote: You are only changing sort order of items. A lot of recipes in my mod also have a sort order, this allows the item to have a different position than the recipe. if you were to check the menu when choosing an item in a logistic filter for example, you'd probably notice the layout is completely different than the recipe screen. This is done so that the items were sorted by type (resource, chemical, intermediate, etc), where the recipes were sorted also by machine (chemical in a chemical plant, chemical in a furnace, chemical in an assembling machine, etc)
So what would be the correct way to change the recipes order?
(Sorry to be such a bug i have been trying to get your items sorted for almost a month now with no success, and without changing your mods files directly)

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

basically, the same as what you're doing, but also with recipe

so where you have

Code: Select all

data.raw["item"]["heavy-armor-2"].subgroup = "toparmors"
add

data.raw["recipe"]["heavy-armor-2"].subgroup = "toparmors"
I also have a Patreon.

sporefreak
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by sporefreak »

bobingabout wrote:basically, the same as what you're doing, but also with recipe

so where you have

add

Worked great for the vanilla spiltters but your armor was still unmoved. including the vanilla armor

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

sporefreak wrote:
bobingabout wrote:basically, the same as what you're doing, but also with recipe

so where you have

add

Worked great for the vanilla spiltters but your armor was still unmoved. including the vanilla armor
oh, right, armor... some items have special item category like armor and tool, armors are an armor, not an item.

data.raw["armor"]["heavy-armor-2"].subgroup = "toparmors"
that should do it.
I also have a Patreon.

Return to “Bob's mods”