Multiplayer Desync

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

Hippo
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Multiplayer Desync

Post by Hippo »

I get an issue while playing with my friends when any one of us holds an offshore pump. While holding it in our hand (ready to place), the game constantly desyncs and has to redownload and reload the map over and over until the pump is either removed from hand (safely in inventory) or placed on ground. While it's not necessarily game destroying, it is very annoying. I am currently using the latest version of Factorio (0.13.3) and the latest version of Bob's Mod's (all but revamp and modules).

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Multiplayer Desync

Post by daniel34 »

Hippo wrote:I get an issue while playing with my friends when any one of us holds an offshore pump. While holding it in our hand (ready to place), the game constantly desyncs and has to redownload and reload the map over and over until the pump is either removed from hand (safely in inventory) or placed on ground. While it's not necessarily game destroying, it is very annoying. I am currently using the latest version of Factorio (0.13.3) and the latest version of Bob's Mod's (all but revamp and modules).
0.13.3 contains a bug where holding or placing different items (stations, signals, offshore pumps) causes a desync in multiplayer games. This bug will be fixed in 0.13.4.
You can play on 0.13.2 until 0.13.4 is out.
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Yeah, my first thoughts on seeing this post was. "My mod shouldn't cause desyncs, it doesn't contain any real scripts!" there are a few cases, but they've been tested and proven to work.

So yeah, base game bug, which has been pointed out in my forums twice already x3

It's okay though, people use my mods, and I get quite a few base game bugs reported here.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Hippo
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Hippo »

I didn't think it would be the base game but now that I think about it, we did update just before we started using your mods. Sorry for wasting your time :P

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Not a problem sir.

I didn't even realise that 0.13.3 had been released until the bug reports came in. At which point I was like.... better read on the changes, make sure nothing else broke, or needs my attention. And guess what, there was something interesting in the change log, that I used!
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Return to “Bob's mods”