EnableGroundWater Bug?

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

Innomin8
Inserter
Inserter

EnableGroundWater Bug?

Post by Innomin8 »

Hey Guys,

Like a fool I updated all my mods including Bob's, and it lost my custom config for a 33 hour save (no backup). I've set the options back to what they were before, including the ones listed below, but no matter how many time I reset technologies and recipes via console commands, the pumps are not getting the recipe back to produce water / lithia water from nothing.

The relevant options I've changed:

Code: Select all

-- If set to true, this will turn on the old recipes to get water and lithia water from nothing on the water pumps.
bobmods.config.plates.EnableGroundWater = true

bobmods.config.ores.EnableWaterOres = false
bobmods.config.mining.WaterMiners = false -- also tried true
Does anyone know how I can fix this? I don't want to abandon this.. as I said it's got 33 hour in it and is well and truly endgame... everything is automated :(

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: EnableGroundWater Bug?

Post by bobingabout »

Water miners are unrelated to your issue, but, if you're not using ground water splotches, then you don't need them anyway.

Those settings look right. Try this command:

Code: Select all

/c for index, force in pairs(game.forces) do force.recipes["lithia-water"].enabled = true force.recipes["ground-water"].enabled = true end
Since they are unlocked with the pumps anyway, and only the pumps can use them, maybe I should just have the recipe available from the start, so this issue goes away.

Having said that, I plan to separate the pumps out of this mod into a new barrelling mod at some point, and when I do that, I'm not sure how this config would work.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Innomin8
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Innomin8 »

This does indeed fix it. Thank you :)

Innomin8
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Innomin8 »

bobingabout wrote: Since they are unlocked with the pumps anyway, and only the pumps can use them, maybe I should just have the recipe available from the start, so this issue goes away.
Might be a good idea -- force them on whenever the config option is enabled so you don't get stuck like I did :)

Return to “Bob's mods”