[0.14.x] Bob's Mods: No oil fields spawning

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

Kassa
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.14.x] Bob's Mods: No oil fields spawning

Post by Kassa »

Hi.

I just did a clean install of all factorio mods last week, and downloaded all bob's mods through this forum.

Ive played for 12 hours into my campaign now, and finally I had to go find som new oil patches.

My problem is, there is no oil patches to be found, zero, zip, no oil fields whatsoever.

I'm using RSO together with all the bob's mods, and additional other mods like autofill, autoresearch, etc etc.

Can there be a bug with the ground water and lithia water patches spawning instead of the oil patches?

Thanks.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.14.x] Bob's Mods: No oil fields spawning

Post by orzelek »

Kassa wrote:Hi.

I just did a clean install of all factorio mods last week, and downloaded all bob's mods through this forum.

Ive played for 12 hours into my campaign now, and finally I had to go find som new oil patches.

My problem is, there is no oil patches to be found, zero, zip, no oil fields whatsoever.

I'm using RSO together with all the bob's mods, and additional other mods like autofill, autoresearch, etc etc.

Can there be a bug with the ground water and lithia water patches spawning instead of the oil patches?

Thanks.
Can you post the save in question?
It's possible that something is broken or you are unlucky and need to explore far away :D

You can try to get Big Brother or one of rso radar mods to extend radar range for large scale search operation.
Ground water and lithia water are treated separately and won't displace oil (unles I messed up stuff in RSO).

Kassa
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Kassa »

Here's the save.

Also I came to think of it.

I've modified the config of Bob's mods so that the old recipes for water works through bob's pumps. I've also turned on God modules.
Attachments
Bobs A14 - Sept 16 oil prob.zip
(17.03 MiB) Downloaded 76 times

Kassa
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Kassa »

I finally found some oil. It's stupendously far away.. Guess I'm just unlucky with my map generation...

Return to “Bob's mods”