[0.12.x][v0.12.8] Bob's Ore Mod.

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

Keep merged Galena, or change to seperate Lead and Nickel ores?

Poll ended at Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:05 am

Galena gives Lead and Nickel
56%
Lead and Nickel as seperate ore fields.
11%
Keep Galena, and add another mod that adds Nickel ore fields. (turning Galena to Lead ore)
33%

Total votes: 9

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Bob's Ore Mod.

Post by bobingabout »

0.10.0 is out? I should check that out.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Although DyTech does cause a crash (F-Mod untested), my mods apear to still work fine with the new version.
I also have a Patreon.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Version 0.5 released. Tested and working with V0.9.8 and v0.10.0 of Factorio.
I also have a Patreon.

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.10.0] Bob's Ore Mod.

Post by Airat9000 »

Screen you mode
f mod +
dytech - (crash)

not generated
gold tin tungsten zinc

generated base resourses
ore cooper coal oil quartz
08.06-9.jpg
08.06-9.jpg (31.37 KiB) Viewed 7260 times

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

That looks normal to me. Basically, you have barely moved out of the starting area there, so you will only be seeing Copper, Iron, Coal, Stone, Oil and Tin.
You can see Quartz there because it is on the outter edge, that's about as far as you have to go to leave the starting area to find the other ores.

I generated a map just now to make sure, everything spawned, you just have to travel a bit to find Zinc, Silver, Gold, Lead, Tungsten, Bauxite, Rutile and Quartz.

The main reason why I changed it to be like this is because depending on settings, I was getting the starting area completely covered in ores, even the higher level ores. and in theory, you don't need the higher level ores right away, so it should be okay that you have to travel a little to find them. Though I do admit that when you have masses of enemies nearby like that, it does make it a little difficult.
I also have a Patreon.

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

honestly bad play at the maximum level (because if the large base do not get to them, I think you understood the map ... that kicked off his earlier
the current version was a lot of stone. and onher version not in claim.
I bring this up not running to them:) destroy the ...

Rensiur
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Rensiur »

Well, I think you can get quite far, event o laser turrets without any of the advanced metals. This is where strategy comes into play, think wisely how yu invest what you have, and how big you want to build before the biters start poking you. Then, when you are prepared (Poison capsules, maybe a decent MachineGun or Combat Shotgun (ok that ones totally broken atm)) go and conquer the resources that you need.

Games like that are not easy, sometimes even near impossible and don't allow you to make mistakes. But that can be the fun.

As a guidance, I have found all ores on my actual map, and untill I am well aquainted with how some systems work I'll stick with low biter population, especially since I enjoy DyTech, and those big biters really take a lot of hits.

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

question turned out to run with dyteh mod:?

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

It does work with DyTech, yes.

Though getting DyTech to work in 0.10 requires you to mod DyTech, it's not easy, so if you want to play DyTech, I sugest you stick to 0.9.8 for now.

the post says my mod is for 0.10.0, but it is still compatable with 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

bobingabout wrote:It does work with DyTech, yes.

Though getting DyTech to work in 0.10 requires you to mod DyTech, it's not easy, so if you want to play DyTech, I sugest you stick to 0.9.8 for now.

the post says my mod is for 0.10.0, but it is still compatable with 0.9.8.
in the case that breaks down the game.. I thought that the dyteh version is 0.10.0.

It means only the 0.9.8 version so far works only with the departure of dyteh is not working as I realized in 0.10.0

find bug 10.05.2014
Dytech work

very high max settings in map
to many in resourses
gold tungsten tin lead silver
not quartz and other

normal in map
tin stone ore copper coal
Attachments
10.06-67.png
10.06-67.png (17.99 KiB) Viewed 7208 times

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

I have been tweaking things, I want to get it right before I release the next release though.

I Was thinking about releasing a version specifically for Dytech without Bauxite, Rutile and Quartz in it, what would you think of that?
I also have a Patreon.

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

bobingabout wrote:I have been tweaking things, I want to get it right before I release the next release though.

I Was thinking about releasing a version specifically for Dytech without Bauxite, Rutile and Quartz in it, what would you think of that?
2 version?

1 dytech?
2 f mod

good idea

will be good for compatibility modes if one is not updated.

opinion
Yet with the new version 5 was rarely generate all other mettaly .. specially tested 9 times new maps

generates a lot of tin Ore
everything else is something like being on the map, if large base simply can not get to them ..

a little tweak and would be good :)

Rathael
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Rathael »

Your Quartz seems to be overwriting the Quartz from Industrio (if I recall correctly) that is needed to smelt into silicon boules for his solar panels.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Rathael wrote:Your Quartz seems to be overwriting the Quartz from Industrio (if I recall correctly) that is needed to smelt into silicon boules for his solar panels.
I had a quick look at Industrio, and I have used the same definition names for Quartz as Industrio did, however I have also used the same Item definition for Quartz as Industrio, so you can use my quartz for the same purpose.
You should have no problems using my Quartz as a replacement for Industrio quartz, the problem only starts when you also use my Metals and Chemicals mods, that results in Glass from smelting quartz.
I also have a Patreon.

Rathael
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Rathael »

Ahh, that would be the problem then. I get glass instead. No biggie though, I just renamed Industrio's Quartz to Quartz2 and everything if fine now. Just something to keep in mind if you or he have a chance to change it.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

I don't want to rename my quartz, since as stated, it's pretty much the same as Industrio quartz, but I will try to make it compatable in another way.

I have a method to produce silicon (Okay, it's a lot harder than just stuffing it in a smelter, but you can still get silicon), this in my opinion is on par with the silicon boule.

So i have a question. is Silicon Boule used for anything other than making Silicon Wafers? if it is not, I can edit the wafers recipe to take my Silicon instead of Boules, and although the process will have changed, everything will still be buildable.

if Silicon Boule is used for something other than wafers, I could instead either rename my Silicon into Silicon Boule, or have a method to convert my Silicon to Boules.

So... is it used for anything else? and would you be happy with that solution?
I also have a Patreon.

Vitduo
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Vitduo »

Silicon boules used only in producing Silicon wafers, no more another

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Good day, Dear bobigabout I encountered a problem when i have dytech f-mod bobplates and bobores on factorio version 0.10
Generation map menu doesn't fit on my screen - resolution 13766 x 768 and i can't see button named generation

How to solve this problem without disabling any mod from my mod list?
All my mods are lastest version, but dytech downloaded from this branch of factorio forum by this link https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... =43&t=4212
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

Rathael
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Rathael »

bobingabout wrote:I don't want to rename my quartz, since as stated, it's pretty much the same as Industrio quartz, but I will try to make it compatable in another way.

I have a method to produce silicon (Okay, it's a lot harder than just stuffing it in a smelter, but you can still get silicon), this in my opinion is on par with the silicon boule.

So i have a question. is Silicon Boule used for anything other than making Silicon Wafers? if it is not, I can edit the wafers recipe to take my Silicon instead of Boules, and although the process will have changed, everything will still be buildable.

if Silicon Boule is used for something other than wafers, I could instead either rename my Silicon into Silicon Boule, or have a method to convert my Silicon to Boules.

So... is it used for anything else? and would you be happy with that solution?
Nope, It is only used for the wafers. You change would probably be best as I'm not sure if the author is still updating Industrio anymore.

OBAMA MCLAMA
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by OBAMA MCLAMA »

No, the author is not updating or working on industrio any more.

I think someone should take over and continue work on it. I haven't tried the mod or know too much about it, but it seems a lot of people still use it and etc.
When i stream twitch i always answer questions and try to help, come visit me.

Return to “Bob's mods”