[0.15.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

Ayyno
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [0.15.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Post by Ayyno »

Awesome! Excited to see what new complexities you'll bring to 0.15! <3 Thanks for all your hard work!

YookoS
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by YookoS »

Hello,

0.15.6 just came out and broke your greenhouse mod:

Kormer
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Kormer »

YookoS wrote:Hello,

0.15.6 just came out and broke your greenhouse mod:

Adding the line fuel_category = "chemical", to the seedling entry in prototypes\items.lua fixed the issue for me. The full corrected items.lua is in the code below.

Code: Select all

data:extend(
{
  {
    type = "item",
    name = "bob-greenhouse",
    icon = "__bobgreenhouse__/graphics/icons/greenhouse.png",
    flags = {"goes-to-quickbar"},
    subgroup = "bob-greenhouse",
    order = "g[greenhouse]",
    place_result = "bob-greenhouse",
    stack_size = 20
  },
  {
    type = "item",
    name = "fertiliser",
    icon = "__bobgreenhouse__/graphics/icons/fertiliser.png",
    flags = {"goes-to-main-inventory"},
    subgroup = "bob-greenhouse-items",
    order = "g[fertiliser]",
    stack_size = 100
  },
  {
    type = "item",
    name = "seedling",
    icon = "__bobgreenhouse__/graphics/icons/seedling.png",
    flags = {"goes-to-main-inventory"},
    fuel_category = "chemical",
	fuel_value = "200J",
    subgroup = "bob-greenhouse-items",
    order = "g[seedling]",
    stack_size = 200
  },
}
)

ukezi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ukezi »

since when have the seedlings a fuel value? the problem is caused by a item with a fuel value without a fuel type.

Recon777
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Recon777 »

I suggest making a "fluids" crafting menu.
The "intermediate products" menu is dominated by the sheer quantity of fluid options (that you can't hand-craft anyway), so it may be best to just give them their own menu.

Oh, I also see the "sort raw gems" recipe despite having selected the other option for gems in the config at map start. Not sure if you've put that fix in yet or not.

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

find bug

A rocking chair, extracts and does not transfer liquid to the pipes.
Attachments
2017-05-02_23-55-19.jpg
2017-05-02_23-55-19.jpg (394.89 KiB) Viewed 6757 times

SphynxLoL
Inserter
Inserter

Post by SphynxLoL »

Inserters from logistics mod seem to keep holding items in their hands. Just picked up the logistics mod, running Logistic Train Network as well. Vanilla Inserters never kept anything in their hand when a train had left the station. After the logistics mod was installed they all keep something in their hand. Just a heads up! Thanks for all the hard work!

Edit: Toggled off Bob's Logistics and inserters went back to holding nothing after train left.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Airat9000 wrote:find bug

A rocking chair, extracts and does not transfer liquid to the pipes.
Make sure you have the latest version. It was broken in 0.15.0, but fixed in 0.15.1. I just tested and it worked fine for me.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Alright, Power mod is out. As you know with the change to boilers and steam engines, all new stats.

new Boiler
    max_health = 200,
    target_temperature = 165,
    energy_consumption = "1.8MW",
      effectivity = 0.5,

max_health = 250,
    target_temperature = 235,
    energy_consumption = "3MW", --"1.8MW" * 10/9 * 220/150
    effectivity = 0.6,

max_health = 300,
    target_temperature = 305,
    energy_consumption = "4.5MW", --"1.8MW" 10/8 * 290/150
      effectivity = 0.7,

max_health = 350,
    target_temperature = 375,
    energy_consumption = "6.3MW", --"1.8MW" * 10/7 * 360/150
      effectivity = 0.8,

new steam engine
    max_health = 400,
    effectivity = 1,
    fluid_usage_per_tick = 0.5,
    maximum_temperature = 165,

max_health = 500,
    effectivity = 1.1,
    fluid_usage_per_tick = 0.625,
    maximum_temperature = 275,

max_health = 600,
    effectivity = 1.2,
    fluid_usage_per_tick = 0.75,
    maximum_temperature = 385,

I figured out that the new system allows you to make chains of up to 10 boilers, that power upto 20 steam engines, or 10 turbines. I still need to figure out the heat exchanger values.
I designed the boilers to need 9, 8 and 7 for a full chain, hence the 10/7 multiplier. the second multiplier is the water temperature difference EG 360/150 (in the form of max temp minus water starting temp of 15)

here's some more numbers.

Power = water power per degree(0.2kW) * fluid per tick * 60 * (Water Temperature - 15) * effectivity 

0.2kW * 0.5   * 60 * 150 * 1   = 900kW    (SE1 with B1)
0.2kW * 0.625 * 60 * 150 * 1.1 = 1237.5kW (SE2 with B1)
0.2kW * 0.75  * 60 * 150 * 1.2 = 1620kW   (SE3 with B1)

0.2kW * 0.625 * 60 * 220 * 1.1 = 1815kW   (SE2 with B2)
0.2kW * 0.75  * 60 * 220 * 1.2 = 2376kW   (SE3 with B2)

0.2kW * 0.625 * 60 * 260 * 1.1 = 2145kW   (Maximum of SE2)

0.2kW * 0.75  * 60 * 290 * 1.2 = 3132kW   (SE3 with B3)
0.2kW * 0.75  * 60 * 360 * 1.2 = 3888kW   (SE3 with B4)

0.2kW * 0.75  * 60 * 370 * 1.2 = 3996kW   (maximum of SE3)
Let me know what you think of these stats, and how well they play out in game.
Also keep in mind that simply upgrading the boilers to T2 will be heating water higher than a T1 steam engine can handle, similarly to using steam engines with heat exchangers.
The effectivity bonus also means there's a reason to use a T2 steam engine over a standard engine, or even a turbine. and 0.75 of the MK3 does actually give awkward numbers, it takes 1.3333 per MK1 boiler. MK2 requires a clean 1.6 per MK1 boiler. (5 boilers takes 8 engines, 10 takes 16 etc)

I'll probably play with making new heat exchangers and turbines later.
I also have a Patreon.

Randonx
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Randonx »

So I had some pretty freaky stuff start happening after adding Bob's Power to my mod lineup, and updating Bob's Greenhouse. Let me know if anybody has seen anything like this.

It's happened on multiple attempts, tested on a variety of items. Next step is to disable mods one by one to see if it goes away.

http://imgur.com/a/ij6J4

Edit:Fixed
Found out that one of my mods, Bigger Stack Sizes Modded, somehow got disabled. So what happened is all of the inventory I have that was over the default stack limits was expelled all over the map until I had few enough items to fit in my inventory. Sorry for implicating your mods, Bob. I should've known better, but I don't know how that mod got disabled (so the only changes I know i had made were Bob's power and the Greenhouse update.

YookoS
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by YookoS »

Build up a setup with 1 pump, 14 mk4 boilers and 40 mk1 steam engines (just for testing) and it works fine for me at full utilization... and that is... pretty cool.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

YookoS wrote:Build up a setup with 1 pump, 14 mk4 boilers and 40 mk1 steam engines (just for testing) and it works fine for me at full utilization... and that is... pretty cool.
I didn't even know pipes were able to throughput that much steam.
Randonx wrote:So I had some pretty freaky stuff start happening after adding Bob's Power to my mod lineup, and updating Bob's Greenhouse. Let me know if anybody has seen anything like this.

It's happened on multiple attempts, tested on a variety of items. Next step is to disable mods one by one to see if it goes away.

Found out that one of my mods, Bigger Stack Sizes Modded, somehow got disabled. So what happened is all of the inventory I have that was over the default stack limits was expelled all over the map until I had few enough items to fit in my inventory. Sorry for implicating your mods, Bob. I should've known better, but I don't know how that mod got disabled (so the only changes I know i had made were Bob's power and the Greenhouse update.
these are early times of 0.15 modding beta, I expect confusion.
I also have a Patreon.

YookoS
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by YookoS »

in reference to this thread: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=44644 the new rotation is 1:20:40, so i just optimize that with your boilers

nagapito
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nagapito »

Randonx wrote:So I had some pretty freaky stuff start happening after adding Bob's Power to my mod lineup, and updating Bob's Greenhouse. Let me know if anybody has seen anything like this.

Could be worse....
You could had gone to the factorio bug section reporting strange behaviours to the devs just to realize later that you still had one mod active.....

Mobius1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mobius1 »

Your barreler pumps aren't active on your mods, is that intended? Only the Air Pump is enabled from MK1 through MK4. Also the icons of ALL the items are out of scale, I think they changed the default item scaling factor because all mods that changed icons got bugs like that, some also got icon positioning bug, like they're offset from their square, haven't seen those on your mods yet.

Keep up the great work m8, looking forward to see what you will create now with these many new functions!

nagapito
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nagapito »

Mobius1 wrote:Your barreler pumps aren't active on your mods, is that intended? Only the Air Pump is enabled from MK1 through MK4. Also the icons of ALL the items are out of scale, I think they changed the default item scaling factor because all mods that changed icons got bugs like that, some also got icon positioning bug, like they're offset from their square, haven't seen those on your mods yet.

Keep up the great work m8, looking forward to see what you will create now with these many new functions!
Barreling pumps was not implemented since vanilla does it automatically now.
About the icons, screenshot? I have zero issues with the icons!

Have you adjusted GUI zoom level? That is the only reason I see that could cause an unexpected issue.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Mobius1 wrote:Your barreler pumps aren't active on your mods, is that intended? Only the Air Pump is enabled from MK1 through MK4. Also the icons of ALL the items are out of scale, I think they changed the default item scaling factor because all mods that changed icons got bugs like that, some also got icon positioning bug, like they're offset from their square, haven't seen those on your mods yet.

There are some icon issues on the categories. I have fixed those issues, in the affected mods, but since it's purely a cosmetic issue (and it doesn't entirely look bad either) specifically on the crafting menu, I haven't pushed the changes yet.

If you're having further issues, I'm not sure what the problem is.

As mentioned by Nagapito, if you change the games scale, strange things can happen. Also if you set graphics to very low, I've seen issues too. These are base game issues that have existed for a while.

As for the pumps, they were disabled on purpose, because barrelling is handled entirely by the base game now. The air pump remains for use to create compressed air. In theory, I probably should remove that too and just add the recipe to the assembling machine. Or I could get clever and just make a small 1x1 compressor, the 2x2 size was only needed to allow barrelling to have inserters access.
I also have a Patreon.

nagapito
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nagapito »

I wished they actually made the icon system a little more cleaver and uniform.

You look at base game technologies and see them referencing an 128x128 icon but when you try to use one on a mod, it doesnt work unless you specify icon_size....
Some of the vanilla prototypes earned the protection of some voodoo witch in the base code, making some stuff work by magic and life harder for modders.

nagapito
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nagapito »

Almost forgot....

How about a new logistic/contruction robot MK5 that would have the same stats of a MK4 but not require recharging and would require a fusion reactor, uranium cell and the mk4 to be assembled?

Shielder
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Shielder »

Bob, Will the HD icons be used in the research and crafting menu ?

Return to “Bob's mods”