Where are the descriptions to all these mods???

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Where are the descriptions to all these mods???

Post by bobingabout »

Light wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:34 am
The True Bob's Greenhouse Description:

"Do you dream of turning the entire planet into a giant tree? Does seeing the ground upset you enough to want it covered in leaves permanently? Download this mod and create millions of trees in under an hour and embrace your love for trees. *Bob's modules highly recommended for maximum tree production."
unfortunately bob's mods doesn't allow you to plant them. I didn't want a tree growing script.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

gmilliken83
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by gmilliken83 »

bobingabout wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:01 am
I must admit it is a bit long winded.
Linking to mods.factorio.com/mods/bobingabout is probably sufficient for a mods list, as it should list everything I've published, or to my "mods" forum page.
Adding an addition link to the 3rd party but official boblocale mod would be the only one I'd link in the "header"
I'd also suggest linking dependencies too (Keep in mind none of this is going to help when browsing for mods in game, only on the website)
As for the mod description part... going into detail of every recipe might work on something small and simple like the greenhouse, but look at mods such as MCI, the list of recipes is pretty large.
A brief description of what the mod actually does is probably preferable over a full list of every recipe in image form, and should work in the in game mod browser too. (as it's just text)
in the case of greenhouse I might say.

This is a mod for creating a renewable supply of wood. For a cost of only Water and electricity, you can multiply your wood using a greenhouse.
Once you've researched and built a greenhouse, you can process wood into seedlings, then grow them into even more wood.
As you advance through the game, you can increase your wood production with fertiliser.

Those short sentences pretty much cover everything you need to know about the greenhouse mod.

Also, your mod is named "clock" yet you've described my greenhouse mod.
In any case, I have put some effort into descriptions of some of the mods... Take a look at bob inserters for example. bobpower has a simple description too

Some sort of full mod recipe breakdown would likely be best done in some sort of Wiki format.
Bob's mods themselves can be a bit complex, and may require some system where you can pick what mods you have installed, and see how that changes recipes (EG, revamp will drastically change some recipes, different settings will also change recipes, like if you turn on robot parts)
Thanks for the feedback!

1. Is there already a bob's mods wiki in development, or would I have to create one?
2. The one thing I think should definitely be included in the mod description is a picture of the key elements, because there are multiple things called "wood" in the game. Without being in game, I'm not necessarily sure whether raw wood is the planks or the thing you get from cutting down trees, etc. Otherwise, I'll reserve complex diagrams for a guide/wiki.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

gmilliken83 wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:49 pm
1. Is there already a bob's mods wiki in development, or would I have to create one?
2. The one thing I think should definitely be included in the mod description is a picture of the key elements, because there are multiple things called "wood" in the game. Without being in game, I'm not necessarily sure whether raw wood is the planks or the thing you get from cutting down trees, etc. Otherwise, I'll reserve complex diagrams for a guide/wiki.
1. There is currently no wiki.
2. As of 0.17 (which is out now) there is only 1 type of wood.
I also have a Patreon.

gmilliken83
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by gmilliken83 »

bobingabout wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:40 pm
gmilliken83 wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:49 pm
1. There is currently no wiki.
1. Ok. I'll look into setting one up if I can find a free hosting platform.
2. That's both cool and kind of sad. I guess it doesn't effect all that much, but I will miss the little assemblers to turn raw wood into wood :/

Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Light »

bobingabout wrote:
I suppose this means that synthetic wood will be removed, as oil becoming logs of wood is not only amusing but also overlaps greenhouses.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Light wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:25 am
bobingabout wrote:
I suppose this means that synthetic wood will be removed, as oil becoming logs of wood is not only amusing but also overlaps greenhouses.
it currently still exists, but that is a point of concern, yes. to be honest, the main reason why it was created was so that you could make all the things based on wood in a low wood world. The greenhouse didn't exist back then, and treefarm didn't work for everyone (UPS hog). Now that we do have a greenhouse mod, the need for synthetic wood is reduced.
I also have a Patreon.

Return to “Bob's mods”