Feedback

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Feedback

Post by orzelek »

steinio wrote:What's the purpose of the mod setting "powerless inserters"? Looks like cheating.
There is a drainless inserters setting which I find pretty useful.
I haven't seen powerless setting - which mod it's in?

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

orzelek wrote:
steinio wrote:What's the purpose of the mod setting "powerless inserters"? Looks like cheating.
There is a drainless inserters setting which I find pretty useful.
I haven't seen powerless setting - which mod it's in?
This must be drainless instead of powerless. Just translated from german.

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

It seems that infinite gun turret damage research is a bit inconsistent. It has 70% per level for gun turrets and Mk2 and 40% for all other marks of gun turret. Is it by design or some typo sneaked in?

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

It is cheating, but someone requested it. This is why it's turned off.
and it's Drainless, not powerless. Basically, they'll only consume energy when they perform an operation, rather than slowly draining electricity even when not moving.
Keep in mind burner inserter has no drain at all.

The same option exists for the laser turrets in the warfare mod too.
orzelek wrote:It seems that infinite gun turret damage research is a bit inconsistent. It has 70% per level for gun turrets and Mk2 and 40% for all other marks of gun turret. Is it by design or some typo sneaked in?
Isn't that a base game research? I added in a few infinite damage researches for new weapons I added like my laser rifle, but most of them are a base game technology.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

bobingabout wrote:
orzelek wrote:It seems that infinite gun turret damage research is a bit inconsistent. It has 70% per level for gun turrets and Mk2 and 40% for all other marks of gun turret. Is it by design or some typo sneaked in?
Isn't that a base game research? I added in a few infinite damage researches for new weapons I added like my laser rifle, but most of them are a base game technology.
I checked and it seems that this change is added in bob's warefare mod - but code there sets 0.7 for Mk2 turret and 0.4 for rest (it's in technology-updates.lua - lines 146-149). That would mean that over time Mk2 will get more powerfull than higher marks. Base game has 0.7 for infinite tech - it would seem that other marks should have 0.7 too.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

orzelek wrote:
bobingabout wrote:
I checked and it seems that this change is added in bob's warefare mod - but code there sets 0.7 for Mk2 turret and 0.4 for rest (it's in technology-updates.lua - lines 146-149). That would mean that over time Mk2 will get more powerfull than higher marks. Base game has 0.7 for infinite tech - it would seem that other marks should have 0.7 too.
I'll look into it.
I also have a Patreon.

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

I enabled the inserter overhaul setting to see what's in it and what i saw looked promising.
I disabled the setting to prepare my base and enable it at some point in time.

Only all fast inserters in inventory converted to express inserters which i haven't researched so far.
Mining already placed fast inserters before the change they convert to express inserters.

Seems it would be better to start new with this setting enabled.

View unread Posts

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

I notices something odd with the adjustable inserters.

Normally when you have a belt going west-east and have inserters above and below then they pick up items from different sides of the belt. But when you then adjust the inserters to grab items at x=-3, y=-1 and x=-3 and y=1 (i.e. from the belt 3 tiles to the west of them) they start picking up items from the same side.

Is this something only the devs can fix or something in the mod?

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

steinio wrote:I enabled the inserter overhaul setting to see what's in it and what i saw looked promising.
I disabled the setting to prepare my base and enable it at some point in time.

Only all fast inserters in inventory converted to express inserters which i haven't researched so far.
Mining already placed fast inserters before the change they convert to express inserters.

Seems it would be better to start new with this setting enabled.
I had to make a couple of compromises on what happens when you migrate.
I also have a Patreon.

Hellatze
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Hellatze »

i tried the new update, and the recipe changed a lot.

i really hope in future, that didn't happen again :|

fiery_salmon
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by fiery_salmon »

I tried the new update, and the recipe changed a lot.

i really hope in future, mod will continue to improve and evolve :)

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

fiery_salmon wrote:I tried the new update, and the recipe changed a lot.

i really hope in future, mod will continue to improve and evolve :)
Damn i just wanted to report your post as spam from a robot until i spotted the little difference between yours and the post before.

View unread Posts

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

And people who only run stable will now be updating to Logistics, and think this is just a 0.16 change to the mod. ;)

Anyway, I am working on the new belt overhaul... which is simply... moving yellow belt to logistics 1 unlock, adding black splitter and UGB, and doing a speed and UG distance tweak. Black will be the new yellow, so in theory, they'll be slower, but not much else function wise.

I am wondering if I should back date things and make the over ride switch between... vanilla belts, and full overhaul with nothing in between. though that would mean the current configuration disapears.

Actually, as the current unfinished implementation stands, you start with back splitter and UGB unlocked, there is no research for it.
I also have a Patreon.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Anyway, underground belt lengths, that's a topic worth discussing, I've uploaded a small picture on ideas.

The top set is as it exists right now, there is no black underground belt. It's simply +5 per tier ending on purple at 25.
There includes a line going all the way down to show the current lengths.
The second set is what I currently have programmed in for the overhaul.
It's 5 for the first, and +4 per tier, which ends on 25, nothing is smaller than it was.
Also note green and purple are swapped for the new colour scheme.

Now, these work, however, there's the obvious issue that nothing lines up nicely between tier. So lets move on to the next set
The 3rd set shows a proposed idea, instead of 5 +4, it's 3 +4, and everything lines up nicely between tiers, however... Purple and Green are short of their old values.
Which brings me to the 4th set. It's 4 +5, things are a big longer that I would like, but nothing is shorter than it was.

to note: the number is the tile distance from the entrance in which to place the exit, so a distance of 4 gives a gap of 3.
So, I guess the question is, which setup should I use?
Attachments
belt spacing.png
belt spacing.png (2.2 KiB) Viewed 4562 times
I also have a Patreon.

RocketManChronicles
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by RocketManChronicles »

bobingabout wrote:Anyway, underground belt lengths, that's a topic worth discussing, I've uploaded a small picture on ideas.

The top set is as it exists right now, there is no black underground belt. It's simply +5 per tier ending on purple at 25.
There includes a line going all the way down to show the current lengths.
The second set is what I currently have programmed in for the overhaul.
It's 5 for the first, and +4 per tier, which ends on 25, nothing is smaller than it was.
Also note green and purple are swapped for the new colour scheme.

Now, these work, however, there's the obvious issue that nothing lines up nicely between tier. So lets move on to the next set
The 3rd set shows a proposed idea, instead of 5 +4, it's 3 +4, and everything lines up nicely between tiers, however... Purple and Green are short of their old values.
Which brings me to the 4th set. It's 4 +5, things are a big longer that I would like, but nothing is shorter than it was.

So, I guess the question is, which setup should I use?
Nice graphic, really helps with picturing the lengths. May I suggest my two cents? If I say go with Set #2, it is based on my personal preference of building 4-wide belt arrays. However, I don't think I will ever have that in place before researching to unlock yellow belts. Therefore, my vote leans towards set #4 as the layout becomes predictable for upgrading to the higher tiers.

And while I am reminded of it, weren't you looking at the pipes as well?

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

RocketManChronicles wrote:And while I am reminded of it, weren't you looking at the pipes as well?
Pipes is a maybe, it would be best to figure out what to do with belts before I take another look at pipes.
I also have a Patreon.

Termak
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Termak »

My vote goes to the 3rd set with short black UG, some peoples megafactorys might break but in the long run it would be best option imo.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

I had a look at doing some pipe spacings too.

Attached includes 3 sets of pipe and the 2 proposed sets of belts. It's simple 10+5, and tungsten skips a tier.
The first set of pipes is as it is now. Colours are grey for iron, orange for bronze, blue for plastic (which I realise now is actually the wrong tier) and black for Tungsten. but, that's the order.
The second set of pipes is the proposed spacings of how I would like to see them. It's 11+6, but if you don't do the skip, you end up with Tungsten being 29, which is one short of what it is now. Add a skip and it's 35, drawn in purple.
Third set is 13+7, and tungsten doesn't have to skip a tier.

Ironically, if I use pipe set 2, and belt set 3, the belts and pipes line up quite well side by side, but I was thinking of using belt set 4, mostly because of how the top two tiers of belt would end up having a shorter spacing, the same issue with tungsten if I don't miss a step.

Alternatively, you could just say "Screw it", and align the pipe to the nearest belt step equal or above it's current distance, so if we go with Belts set 4, which is 4+5, you'd use steps 3, 4, 5 and 7 and get 14, 19, 24 and 34.
Tier 1 pipes are the same as red belts, tier 2 the same as blue belts, tier 3 the same as purple belts, then tungsten misses a step and is longer than green... because 29 is less than 30.
Attachments
pipe spacing.png
pipe spacing.png (2.61 KiB) Viewed 4563 times
I also have a Patreon.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

My vote would be set #3 too. A black UG should be short and crossing 4 belts is too much I feel. That's what yellow UGs should be for. Black UG should be so you can cross belts at all. Not to make a main bus.

Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Light »

mrvn wrote:My vote would be set #3 too. A black UG should be short and crossing 4 belts is too much I feel. That's what yellow UGs should be for. Black UG should be so you can cross belts at all. Not to make a main bus.
I concur. Yellow should be the sign that production is flourishing enough for a main bus.

Return to “Bob's mods”