[0.17] Please post bugs and balance issues here.

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

enchant
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [0.17] Please post bugs and balance issues here.

Post by enchant »

jodokus31 wrote: ↑
Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:42 pm
Maybe, you changed the mod settings or deleted the mod-settings.dat? There are settings, which let you configure the length of undergrounds etc.
No, I didn't do that. Once I saw the problem, I did go in, searched around a bit to see if there was something I could tweak, but didn't change anything.

Edit:
Although I didn't manually change it, I have to wonder if somehow some of these settings got changed. Could someone tell me if the defaults are different than what I have?
Belt distance per tier: 4
Belt first tier distance: 3
Pipe distance per tier: 4
Pipe first tier distance: 11

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

enchant wrote: ↑
Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:59 pm
jodokus31 wrote: ↑
Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:42 pm
Maybe, you changed the mod settings or deleted the mod-settings.dat? There are settings, which let you configure the length of undergrounds etc.
No, I didn't do that. Once I saw the problem, I did go in, searched around a bit to see if there was something I could tweak, but didn't change anything.

Edit:
Although I didn't manually change it, I have to wonder if somehow some of these settings got changed. Could someone tell me if the defaults are different than what I have?
The default settings in 0.16 were different compared to 0.17. The logistic overhauls are enabled now by default. (At least, from what I experienced)
Maybe the settings were reset to 0.17 defaults, for whatever reason, while before default settings from 0.16 were used?
f.e.: If you never had grey belts and yellow belts never required tin etc, then you probably had belt overhaul disabled.

Whatever it is, you should be able to find out, which settings work for your base.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

AngelSeeker wrote: ↑
Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:57 am
This is my first ever report of any kind. I don't have any background in what errors do or how to fix it or of what errors mean by referencing code to any degree.

I don't know if this is bob's related and I have a lot of other mods active(attached).
Mods that are not on the list which work with the rest of the list are:
Long reach
FE+ - core; equipment, machines, power, transport, storage, weaponry

As soon as i activate the following mods the error (infinite robot storage)(attached) forces all mods to be deactivated.
Big bags (updated 27 days ago)(there is a report on this also between bob's and big bags on big bags forum)
FE+ - logistics (updated 27 days ago)

These 2 mods did work about 2 or 3 days ago. Don't know which bob's mod was updated latest as there are many. So my presumption that it could be bob's may be wrong and if so i apologize.

Thank you for the very in depth mods.
0.17.23 changed things. Currently, Bob Logistics is not compatible with Big bags. I know how to fix the issue, but haven't yet. You have 2 options.
1. Revert to 0.17.22 or earlier (after 0.17.12, I would recommend whatever you were using before this update otherwise your savegame won't load)
2. Disable either bob logistics or big bags.
3. Wait until I release a fix
Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:04 am
Since the 0.17.23 update and subsequent Bob's update, I find that all of my plastic pipes that I laid down are suddenly one sector short. It appears that when I laid them down a few days ago, they were able to span 21 sectors, but now, only 20. Is this something I can fix without having to tear up and re-lay the pipes?

Edit:
Uh-oh. I wonder if there is just something badly broken on my end. I'm finding a few things that aren't long enough. I've seen a few underground belts that aren't reaching anymore.
Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:59 pm
those are the defaults of the overhaul, but not the defaults if it is turned off.
These values will result in some belts/pipes not reaching.

I've heard a few people report this issue. Check the bob logistics mod settings, see if underground distance overhaul is on when it wasn't before, and if that isn't it, turn it on and change the settings manually to starting distance 5 for belts and 10 for pipes and a per level of 5 for both, and that SHOULD fix it.
though that's still not defaults if the overhaul is on, as the grey belt starts at 3, but yellow is still 5, those settings would put yellow at distance 10 which was the old red belt distance, but everything should reach.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

enchant
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by enchant »

Since I don't see anyone else reporting my problems, I have to assume they're specific to me. I just don't know if it's something that I can fix, or if I need to do a complete game reinstall.

Several things are going wrong for me, but I can see something that starts with a new game. I tried disabling all of the Bob's mods and the problem went away, so I started enabling them one by one. If I have the following enabled, all is fine:
Library mod
Adjustable inserters
Assembling machines

On my crafting menu, I'll see four major sections:
Logistics - Production - Intermediate products - Combat
Inserters and belts will be found under Logistics.
But if I enable the Bob's Logistics mod, my crafting menu changes.
Now I see:
Logistics - Bob's Logistics - Production - Intermediate products - Combat
And this is what I remember from before the recent upgrades. But inserters are not not in the Logistics tab, but instead under the Bob's Logistics tab, and are broken into different rows:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1700481571

And this is what it looks like on a recent saved game with miniloaders also enabled:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1698330627

This is wrong, correct?

Edit: FWIW, I deleted all of my mods (renamed the mods directory, actually) and freshly installed several of my favorite Bob's mods (and no others). Started a new game and the inserters are still showing up on different rows.

enchant
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by enchant »

Fixed.

Alert reader Kutsuu Mugen over on the Steam community forum suggested that I might have "Inserter overhaul" enabled. I did, and when I disabled it, all of the inserters were now under the right tab and together on the same row. He said that when he checked it, he didn't see the inserters separated on different rows, so there's still something odd going on there, but at least I can play the game again.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:57 pm
Fixed.

Alert reader Kutsuu Mugen over on the Steam community forum suggested that I might have "Inserter overhaul" enabled. I did, and when I disabled it, all of the inserters were now under the right tab and together on the same row. He said that when he checked it, he didn't see the inserters separated on different rows, so there's still something odd going on there, but at least I can play the game again.
with the inserter overhaul, there's many new inserters added to the game, this is why they're broken into different rows, on purpose.
I'm not sure what's with the duplicated category buttons though.
I also have a Patreon.

enchant
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by enchant »

bobingabout wrote: ↑
Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:12 pm
That might have something to do with the Whistlestop factories mod.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:18 pm
Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:12 pm
That might have something to do with the Whistlestop factories mod.
Well, everything else in that second screenshot looked normal for someone with the overhaul turned on and all inserter technologies researched.
I also have a Patreon.

enchant
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by enchant »

I think that somehow, all of the "overhaul" options got switched on, making everything look wrong. Thanks for the help.

AngelSeeker
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by AngelSeeker »

This is my first ever report of any kind. I don't have any background in what errors do or how to fix it or of what errors mean by referencing code to any degree.

I don't know if this is bob's related and I have a lot of other mods active(attached).
Long reach

As soon as i activate the following mods the error (infinite robot storage)(attached) forces all mods to be deactivated.
Big bags (updated 27 days ago)(there is a report on this also between bob's and big bags on big bags forum)

These 2 mods did work about 2 or 3 days ago. Don't know which bob's mod was updated latest as there are many. So my presumption that it could be bob's may be wrong and if so i apologize.

I saw that there was an update to bob's logistics, thusly proceeded to update the experimental as well as the mods. I get the almost the same error; but now the infinite robot error has a value of 10 instead of 5. Welp! Gotta revert back to 17.22 then.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:25 am

Long reach

I saw that there was an update to bob's logistics, thusly proceeded to update the experimental as well as the mods. I get the almost the same error; but now the infinite robot error has a value of 10 instead of 5. Welp! Gotta revert back to 17.22 then.
Bob's adds an infinite to worker-robot-storage at 4. latest logistics has this renamed to bob-infinite- as a prefix to fix the issue. if there's anything still on the same tech doing it, it's not from my mod (actually, if it's higher than 6 on any tech, probably not my mod either) but if it's a different tech, please let me know and I'll check to see if bobmods could be a possible cause.
I also have a Patreon.

ddoarn
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by ddoarn »

Electronics assembler 2 (red one) is missing.
Tech 'electronics assembly machine 2' provides mk3 (blue) one.

Is it intended?

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

ddoarn wrote: ↑
Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:01 am
Electronics assembler 2 (red one) is missing.
Tech 'electronics assembly machine 2' provides mk3 (blue) one.

Is it intended?
I just looked at the code to double check.
MK1 is Blue to match Assembling machine 2
MK2 is Red to match Assembling machine 4
MK3 is green to match Assembling machine 6
I probably need to update all the colours to match my new tiering system

Anyway, from what I can see in code, 1 unlocks 1, 2 unlocks 2 and 3 unlocks 3, as it should be.
Is it possible that others mods change things? (not that I can see any reason why they would make such an edit.)
I also have a Patreon.

ddoarn
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by ddoarn »

Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:47 am
Ah. I see. Then it works as intended. Just images misleading - i mean number of dots on icon.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

ddoarn wrote: ↑
Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:23 am
Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:47 am
Ah. I see. Then it works as intended. Just images misleading - i mean number of dots on icon.
in theory, they're tiers 1, 3 and 5 as they align with assembling machines 2, 4 and 6 (1 being tier 0), though the number of dots on the icon, that's not a bob's mods thing, you must have one of the other mods installed that adds tier marks.
I also have a Patreon.

zhree1
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by zhree1 »

First, permit me to say that I'm a big fan of Bob's Mods and really enjoy the extra levels of complexity they add to the already wonderful Factorio! Now, I'm hoping this is an actual bug and not just "user error" on my part: I seem to have trouble finding certain ores since the .17 release. The first time I played with Bob's and .17, I didn't have any Silica (Quartz) and therefore couldn't build greenhouses for wood. Sadly, it took me many hours to realize that the ore was nowhere to be found -- so I just searched all over the map and then rechecked my settings (to make sure I hadn't accidentally turned off the ore and prevented it from spanning)… no dice.

Recently, I'm nearing the endgame and still haven't found Gems. I know that I've indicated that I wanted Gems to spawn because i remember specifically changing the frequencies to 1 (because I like when things are evenly distributed) and I chose unsorted gems so I can setup the sorter with six different outputs for each gemstone production chain. But, no gems anywhere on my map! I found at least two or three galenas, thorium, uranium, and multiple others of the less common ores (cobalt, sulfur, etc.) --but still no gems. I'm going to keep looking but thought you should know in case this is a new issue -- or if you already were aware and there's a fix, please let me know.

Keep up the good work! Love what you do!

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

zhree1 wrote: ↑
Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:11 pm
First, permit me to say that I'm a big fan of Bob's Mods and really enjoy the extra levels of complexity they add to the already wonderful Factorio! Now, I'm hoping this is an actual bug and not just "user error" on my part: I seem to have trouble finding certain ores since the .17 release. The first time I played with Bob's and .17, I didn't have any Silica (Quartz) and therefore couldn't build greenhouses for wood. Sadly, it took me many hours to realize that the ore was nowhere to be found -- so I just searched all over the map and then rechecked my settings (to make sure I hadn't accidentally turned off the ore and prevented it from spanning)… no dice.

Recently, I'm nearing the endgame and still haven't found Gems. I know that I've indicated that I wanted Gems to spawn because i remember specifically changing the frequencies to 1 (because I like when things are evenly distributed) and I chose unsorted gems so I can setup the sorter with six different outputs for each gemstone production chain. But, no gems anywhere on my map! I found at least two or three galenas, thorium, uranium, and multiple others of the less common ores (cobalt, sulfur, etc.) --but still no gems. I'm going to keep looking but thought you should know in case this is a new issue -- or if you already were aware and there's a fix, please let me know.

Wait, are you missing quartz, or gems?

If you have issues with 0.17.1 of bobores, try 0.17.0, which uses old ore generation routines. or you could try RSO, a non-bob mod, but it's designed to work with it.

the base game ore generation options are less than great...
I also have a Patreon.

RocketManChronicles
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by RocketManChronicles »

Please note that under 0.17 version of Bob's the quartz ore spawns directly under the center of coal ore. The generation calculates both to be the same and you will only find quartz ore if the size was much, much bigger than coal size. Gems also spawn directly under another ore as well, same reason (unfortunately, I do not remember which one).

As Bob has suggested, either use an older version of the ores or add RSO to your game to generate new chunks of the map to spawn the ores you are looking for.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

RocketManChronicles wrote: ↑
Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:48 pm

Please note that under 0.17 version of Bob's the quartz ore spawns directly under the center of coal ore. The generation calculates both to be the same and you will only find quartz ore if the size was much, much bigger than coal size. Gems also spawn directly under another ore as well, same reason (unfortunately, I do not remember which one).

As Bob has suggested, either use an older version of the ores or add RSO to your game to generate new chunks of the map to spawn the ores you are looking for.
Yeah, I need to try fix things, but the solution isn't clear yet.
I also have a Patreon.

hedikin
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by hedikin »

Hello

for some reason I cant use the upgrade planner to upgrade blue underground belts-> green underground belts inside a blueprint. if i place the blueprint on the ground and then use the upgrade planner it works just fine.

any advice?

Return to β€œBob's mods”