tutorials? lets plays? flowcharts?

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: tutorials? lets plays? flowcharts?

Post by cpy »

bobingabout wrote:Anyway, the main 2 reason why I didn't change steel recipe to use Carbon... Steel IRL actually has less than 2% carbon in it, reading up on the process, they actually make it from "Pig iron" which is about half iron half carbon, and REMOVE carbon from it! Secondly, as it stands, steel is a base game material, able to be produced in the standard furnace, to change the recipe to use carbon as well would mean it would need to be made in the mixing furnace, and I didn't want to mess with the base game too much, that would be crossing the line I drew for myself.
Well, you'd make a poor gregtech alternative. If you know minecraft mod gretech that changed almost everything in original minecraft :D
Try to guess my favorite MC mod. Too bad you're not like me, i do not draw lines for myself, limits are for weak, but i guess many people have limits. I was hoping you'd go full gregtech and change almost everything. Too bad i can't make mods, yet. Anyway you still have best mod for factorio too bad you're not crossing the change everything line.

Complexity is cocaine for my brain.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

To clarify, I'm not against making large changes to the base game, I've done it before with modules, and electronics overide mod, and even a little in assembly machines mod. The line I drew for myself that I don't want to cross exists in MCI, its my big mod that adds most of the backbone for my other mods. If I were to do a recipe replacement on a large scale, it would be an optional component, like electronics overide.

Electronics overide was a quick simple find and replace, the kind of thing we're talking about would be much more involved, because all the recipes would need to be planned and redefined individually.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cpy »

I feel like your alloy system is underused. I really love those furnaces mixing things up. If it will be optional, i'll be using it for sure.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Writing a whole new mod would be a relatively low priority on my list though... Some of the currently talked about changes to existing mods, and finishing off the warfare mod would come first on my list.
I also have a Patreon.

cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cpy »

If your warfare mod will use alloys, it would be really great. :)

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Tungsten... Lead... Gunmetal. the Nitrogen chain, and that's just what I've already done, and can remember without looking it up.
I also have a Patreon.

cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cpy »

Brass + lead + gunpowder = some nice high dmg ammo! :D

Gunpowder
75% saltpeter (5 parts)
15% charcoal (1 part) (we use treefarm anyway right?)
10% sulfur (2/3 of 1 part) (we have sulfur yay)

So you can make it 4 ways.
Potassium nitrate can be made by combining ammonium nitrate and potassium hydroxide.
NH4NO3 (aq) + KOH (aq) → NH3 (g) + KNO3 (aq) + H2O (l)

An alternative way of producing potassium nitrate without a by-product of ammonia is to combine ammonium nitrate and potassium chloride, easily obtained as a sodium-free salt substitute.
NH4NO3 (aq) + KCl (aq) → NH4Cl (aq) + KNO3 (aq)

Potassium nitrate can also be produced by neutralizing nitric acid with potassium hydroxide. This reaction is highly exothermic.
KOH (aq) + HNO3 → KNO3 (aq) + H2O (l)

On industrial scale it is prepared by the double displacement reaction between sodium nitrate and potassium chloride.
NaNO3 (aq) + KCl (aq) → NaCl (aq) + KNO3 (aq)

Hmm i'll have to give it some more thought how to use current elements in factorio only.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

I actually went with the more modern Cordite. Made from Nitroglycerin, Guncotton, and Petroleum Jelly.
I also have a Patreon.

cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cpy »

Cordite is also old material. :P

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

It's newer than Gunpowder :P
I also have a Patreon.

Return to “Bob's mods”