Warefare mod ideas.

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Warefare mod ideas.

Post by bobingabout »

Warefare mod currently adds a Nitroglycerin chain extending from the Nitrogen chain in MCI.
This goes on to be used in a high end SMG Ammo recipe.

Starting from where MCI ends, this is what I have
Nitric Acid + Sulfuric Acid = Acid Mixture
Light Oil = Glycerol
Acid Mixture + Glycerol = Nitroglycerin
Heavy oil = Petroleum Jelly
Wood + Nitric Acid = guncotton

Nitroglycerin + Petroleum Jelly + Guncotton = Cordite
Gunmetal = Bullet Casing
steel = Magazine case
copper plate + lead plate = bullet projectile
copper plate + tungsten plate = AP bullet projectile

(AP) bullet projectile + bullet casing + cordite = (AP) bullet
(AP) Bullets + magazine case = (AP) Bullet magazine

I havn't touched the mod in a while, but thats as far as I got.

Other plans include:
Add Re-inforced Concrete walls.
Combat robots
power suit and modules
turrets (gun T2, sniper gun turret, laser T2, Rocket turrets, etc)
new shotgun ammo
new rocket ammos
more tanks with more weapons.

Any other ideas, sugestions, exact recipes and chains etc you want to discuss, do it here.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Warefare mod ideas.

Post by aklesey1 »

Cool,
1) Сombat robotics - add armored flying robot frame
2) Ground war robots - may be tanks operated at a distance
2.1) Now I have a question - why for the manufacture of robport does not require such an element as an antenna, but we can make radars
2.2) Maybe you can add some elements to the radar, and collect some complex elements as an mining drills in the dytech now with 3 components to 5 ?
3) Lasers as weapon, like now in dytech - may be use glass for prodycing lasers? make lens from glass as example
4) i'm very like advanced equipment mod, can you do something similar?
5) Upgrades for shooting speed for sniper and sniper turrets if you will add them like in dytech now
6) Machine gun like now in hardcorio and tanks with machine gun
7) May be guns on the train wagon
8) Combat roboport ? as outpost
9) How we'll produce concrete? which raw components we'll need? Will it be sand as example?
10) New types of mines - different assignment mines like some early robots - freeze, poison, low damage AoE exploding mines

A little sad that the ideas I have proposed here is already in other modes, it turns out that it's just stealing ideas, but they can be recycled in the best way in this mod
Last edited by aklesey1 on Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

1. Possibly as a component for combat robots.
2. I might be able to add some kind of player alligned biter entity in as a land based robot. though I'm not good with graphics.
2.1. I didn't edit default recipes of the robot stuff in logistics mod, further tiers of roboports use it, though this topic we're supposed to be talking about Warefare stuff :P
3. Lasers... I don't think I like the way DyTech made batteries into an ammo type, but I'm not against the laser weapon.
4. Yup
5. Yup, I might need to look at DyTech Warefare to try and syncronise ammo so what works there also works with mine.
6. Will need to look into that too.
7. Impossible. As for automated defences on the train, very difficult and would require scripting and phantom entities, I'd rather not go there.
8. Impossible, I already tried it.
9. Concrete blocks already exist, they'll be a component of the re-inforced concrete.
10. I hadn't thought about mines, I'll look into that too.
I also have a Patreon.

Degraine
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Degraine »

Just one question springs to mind at the moment: How exactly does one make ammo to defend themselves from attacks before they reach oil processing to obtain everything they need for cordite?

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

If this was the only scource of Ammo, then you'd be screwed, fortunately this is just the higher tier ammos, the base game ammos are still in tact.
I also have a Patreon.

cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cpy »

If we're aiming for realistic ammunition this is what you need to get basic idea what to use i guess.
No sane person will make bullets out of gold and silver. Originally used chiefly for making guns, gunmetal was eventually superseded by steel.

Also gunmetal is used for weapon and not ammo:
Gunmetal, also known as red brass in the United States,[1] is a type of bronze – an alloy of copper (88%), tin (10%), and zinc (2%)
Gunmetal ingot is a related alloy where the zinc is replaced by 2% lead; this makes the alloy easier to cast, but it has less strength.[4]
Modified gunmetal contains lead in addition to the zinc; it is typically composed of 86% copper, 9.5% tin, 2.5% lead, and 2% zinc. It is used for gears and bearings.[4]
U.S. Government bronze specification G C90500 is composed of 88% copper, 10% tin, and 2% zinc.
G bronze (or Copper Alloy No. C90300) contains 88% copper, 8% tin, and 4% zinc.[4][5]
U.S. Government bronze specification H is composed of 83% copper, 14% tin, 3% zinc, and 0.8% phosphorus.[citation needed]
Red brass can be considered both a brass and a bronze. It typically contains 85% copper, 5% tin, 5% lead, and 5% zinc. It is used to produce pipes, valves, and plumbing fixtures, and is considered to offer a good mixture of corrosion resistance, strength, and ease of casting.[6] Copper Alloys C23000, which is also known as red brass, contains 84-86% copper, 0.05% each iron and lead, with the balance being zinc.[7]

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... e_navy.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cartridge_(firearms)

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Yeah, well, I did know most of that about the gunmetal, it is essentially "Better brass" when you come down to it, and ammo shell/bullet casings are usually made from a copper alloy, like brass... which is why I used gunmetal, high end brass. It's both "Realistic" in that it's the type of alloy that would be used, and makes it slightly more difficult, because you have to use the harder to make alloy.

I could just change it to brass, but then gunmetal would be unused again.

To make use of gunmetal, I was considering adding an intermediate "Gunmetal Valve", basically the type of vavlue you'd use in plumbing, related to pipes, but it would have no purpose than to be an intermediate, and I eventually decided we don't really need it. it would have been used in the MK4 Water pump, and air pump.

To actually enforce the "Gunmetal is a better alloy than brass" thing, I was considering pulling it out of the Zinc research, and putting it in a higher tier research of its own.
I also have a Patreon.

cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cpy »

But your gunmetal is made from silver and gold! That is ridiculous. :D
You can use copper 9 tin 1 zinc 1 or copper 9 tin 1 lead 1.
Or 7 copper 1 tin 1 zinc 1 lead and you'll get pretty damn expensive casing.

Degraine
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Degraine »

Ah, so vanilla recipes still exist. Okay.

I feel like it's a bit of a disconnect, with this hyper detailed high-end ammo production laid on top of the basic ammunition, now. Is there some kind of basic gunpowder that could be added to their recipes to make them match up a little better?

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

cpy wrote:But your gunmetal is made from silver and gold! That is ridiculous. :D
You can use copper 9 tin 1 zinc 1 or copper 9 tin 1 lead 1.
Or 7 copper 1 tin 1 zinc 1 lead and you'll get pretty damn expensive casing.
No it isn't, Electrum is made from Silver and Gold, Gunmetal is made from Copper, Tin and Zinc.
Degraine wrote:Ah, so vanilla recipes still exist. Okay.

I feel like it's a bit of a disconnect, with this hyper detailed high-end ammo production laid on top of the basic ammunition, now. Is there some kind of basic gunpowder that could be added to their recipes to make them match up a little better?
no plans yet, but there could be
I also have a Patreon.

cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cpy »

[quote="bobingabout"]
No it isn't, Electrum is made from Silver and Gold, Gunmetal is made from Copper, Tin and Zinc.

Damn, i should've slept more. Yeah i confused electrum with gunmetal. So nvm what i said.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

if electrum has the properties I'm kind of hoping it does, it would make a good material for an antenna.
Silver is one of the best conductors, but corrodes like an oxygen magnet, so you need to coat it with something.
Gold is a fairly good conductor, but by far not the best, but is one of the most corrosion resistant materials.

Gold plated silver is therefore the BEST antenna material. one problem, it's soft as shit and needs support.
if electrum is as conductive as silver, and corrossion resistant as gold, it would be perfect. needs more research.
I also have a Patreon.

SHiRKiT
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SHiRKiT »

You could create some resource that is hard to obtain that one can only acquire from Aliens. Maybe killing their bases, or killing a specific type of bitter, that would drop it. This would still be required, but one would need to create a "farm" for it, which is always interesting to build =]

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Isn't that what we do now with Alien science? :P
It's not a bad idea though, Other mods have aliens drop things, DyTech for example, his new Biters drop gems, I could do something similar and make them drop something else.
I also have a Patreon.

Degraine
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Degraine »

So I did a bit of looking around and it's possible to make sulphur-less gunpowder (it has a higher ignition temperature, but this is hardly a problem for handguns and SMGs of the space age, I'm sure), using roughly one part charcoal and two parts potassium nitrate. Given you said you might be adding saltpeter elsewhere, and the handy benefit that KNO3 can be converted into nitric acid (adding an alternate route to obtain it for cordite), I suggest adding charcoal + saltpeter as a basic recipe for gunpowder for basic ammo.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Bobingabout, how about the use of platinum to produce nitric acid? and use platinum in oil industry& what do you think? and + ore which will containes platinum ore :D
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

not sure about the platinum, but I can see adding potasium, probably in the same way I added lithium.
I also have a Patreon.

CreeperDaReeper
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by CreeperDaReeper »

bobingabout wrote:if electrum has the properties I'm kind of hoping it does, it would make a good material for an antenna.
Silver is one of the best conductors, but corrodes like an oxygen magnet, so you need to coat it with something.
Gold is a fairly good conductor, but by far not the best, but is one of the most corrosion resistant materials.

Gold plated silver is therefore the BEST antenna material. one problem, it's soft as shit and needs support.
if electrum is as conductive as silver, and corrossion resistant as gold, it would be perfect. needs more research.
Steel support rod, coated in Silver, and then coated in Gold. Or just Steel coated in Electrum. Possibly even a pure Silver wire coated in Plastic, and then wrapped around some Steel.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

all viable optinos. they are more likely to coat it in plastic than gold though.
I also have a Patreon.

Degraine
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Degraine »

Are you planning on adding ammunition drums for turrets (as opposed to the same clips handguns and SMGs use) as well?

Return to “Bob's mods”