Warefare mod ideas.

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Warefare mod ideas.

Post by bobingabout »

I wasn't, but I could.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

DragonOfKhaos
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by DragonOfKhaos »

bobingabout wrote:Warefare mod currently adds a Nitroglycerin chain extending from the Nitrogen chain in MCI.
This goes on to be used in a high end SMG Ammo recipe.
Some high end Ammo would certainly make taking on alien bases more about my character then just spam bots and just spam combat shotty. At the moment I am playing though a game with your mod and a few others (Mocombat, Moweather, AdvancedEquipment, Uranium Power) and I have been keeping myself on a leash when it comes to how I take on alien bases. I have only used the weapons, tank and grenades no pushing with turrets and its been slower then if I just took some big elec poles and lasers and just inched forward. I have even had some moments where a base has spawned in my pollution cloud and just attacks every 5 minutes and I have had to then ramp up base defense change out some guns for lasers etc (been sitting on gun turrets since only had med biters infrequently) since I have up till this point kept my pollution as low as possible so I could expand with just the sub, shotty and nades (plus I started in a massive forest and was not willing to waste all that wood since I had no set up oil processing for synth wood for atleast a good 4 hours i would guess). Anyway point I was trying to make was it would be nice if the sub had some use past the first few hours of gameplay but would certainly be more interested in maybe something simple like and assault rifle or something that could pack more of a punch against big biters (plus it could use the same ammo since there is no caliber) so I did not just spam combat shotty late game. Mocombat added a laser rifle which I thought was neat but would be nice if you had to start with a laser pistol and then move up to laser rifle.
bobingabout wrote:Starting from where MCI ends, this is what I have
Nitric Acid + Sulfuric Acid = Acid Mixture
Light Oil = Glycerol
Acid Mixture + Glycerol = Nitroglycerin
Heavy oil = Petroleum Jelly
Wood + Nitric Acid = guncotton

Nitroglycerin + Petroleum Jelly + Guncotton = Cordite
Gunmetal = Bullet Casing
steel = Magazine case
copper plate + lead plate = bullet projectile
copper plate + tungsten plate = AP bullet projectile

(AP) bullet projectile + bullet casing + cordite = (AP) bullet
(AP) Bullets + magazine case = (AP) Bullet magazine

I havn't touched the mod in a while, but thats as far as I got.
Have nothing to really say about the stuff above other then I love the complexity of the items that you need to make in your mod. It might not be for everyone but I love having more then just iron, copper and steel (and yes sometimes it might need lube or something but base game is very simple once you know what you need). I hope that if you ever do make a more simple chain for people that you keep the original ideas you had and release them in another separate pack (could be called the complex edition XP) so everyone can have their cake and eat it.
bobingabout wrote:Other plans include:
Add Re-inforced Concrete walls.
Combat robots
power suit and modules
turrets (gun T2, sniper gun turret, laser T2, Rocket turrets, etc)
new shotgun ammo
new rocket ammos
more tanks with more weapons.

Any other ideas, sugestions, exact recipes and chains etc you want to discuss, do it here.
Like the idea of reinforced walls but would also like and further tier that could be metal and be 2 blocks thick (if possible) or more if you think it deserves it so big biters cannot get the turrets behind the walls.

The combat robots it depends if you mean like combat robots in the roboports (or their own roboport) I could see that being a thing but unless you plan to play really defensive or create outposts I personally would rather just deal with the alien base but for some I could see it being a thing they do if they wish to ignore laser turrets (maybe). If you are talking about new combat robots like the destroyer etc then I think you would have to re-balance the destroyers and your own so you tier up because destroyers with a high enough follower count just kind of ruin the challenge of alien bases (though with the alien bases that just stretch for miles in-game I guess the capsules would be a necessity).

New power suits and modules would be nice to have I stated above I have AdvancedEquipment in my mod load out and cannot wait till I get to that tech level to try it out. So would love some high level suits maybe some could have more defense but a speed loss or some could be faster but less armour. For the modules I am guessing you mean the the parts you slip into your armour (if not eh still some ideas not great) would be nice to see some different pieces like increasing health regen or crafting speed (if possible might not be though) they could be small 1x1 pieces that maybe give a small benefit but other then simply higher tiers that give more power, speed or shield I cannot really see much to do with it I never bothered with personal laser defense because by the time I had it my guns just either destroyed the enemy or the capsules did all the work plus if you pumped certain number of shields and power into your suit you could just tank about 20 biters (maybe it has changed).

Some new turrets would be very much welcomed by me, there are only so many times I can be bothered to use gun turrets and more then not I just rush laser because why not they are better shooting speed, damage and I only have to pump more power into my grid, no more rearming systems for me.

Shotgun ammo I could see again being something to add but if you did I would like to see the aliens (all of them including spawners and worms) getting a buff so it would be worth upgrading to the next ammo otherwise the piecing rounds do more then enough. That is of course unless you plan on creating different ammo in the sense of fire or poison or something then I still would like to a buff on the aliens just maybe not as high as if you were adding high tiers of shotty ammo.

Rocket ammo is the same as shotty for me.

Would like a more powerful tank maybe some new ammo type for it like the explosive shell so I can splash damage the other aliens.

New weapon type are a yes in my opinion I mentioned earlier like a assault rifle. A Gatling gun would be fun but do not know how balanced it would be in this game but it could always have a speed de-buff (if its possible to add such a thing). Laser weapons would make sense since you make laser turrets, maybe some of the vehicles could have different weapon types.

Something I just thought of though I do not think its really warfare but an armoured train and cargo wagons atleast that way if they smash into biters/spitters they can just plow through them and carry on to the station (once again only if possible).

Anyway that is some of my thoughts on this stuff if I think of some items or such will post but hopefully this gives some food for thought (of course I could just be repeating what someone else has said or things you have thought of yourself XD)

Stx3
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Stx3 »

new warfare needs new enemy...

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

DragonOfKhaos wrote: The combat robots it depends if you mean like combat robots in the roboports (or their own roboport)...
I'd love to do a combat roboport, unfortunately current game mechanics make it impossible, or at least very hard to the point where I'm not sure where to start. Only Logistics and Construction robots (by entity class) are allowed to dock in a roboport, and neither is allowed to have a weapon. there's also the issue that if you found a way to give either of those a weapon, there's currently no mechanic to make them go out and attack anything, they'd just be a logistics/construction robot with a weapon.

DragonOfKhaos wrote:Something I just thought of though I do not think its really warfare but an armoured train and cargo wagons atleast that way if they smash into biters/spitters they can just plow through them and carry on to the station (once again only if possible).
i already added a more armoured train in the logistics mod (did you know they put armor on the default train now?)

Stx3 wrote:new warfare needs new enemy...
I do plan to add more enemies too, however, i wasn't going to add them into the warefare mod, but a seperate enemies mod.

Why? You might want an easier game and just blow the base game enemy away with the better weapons in my mod.
you might want to use my weapons in another mod that adds tougher enemies, such as DyTech.
you might want to install just my Enemies mod, and give yourself a real challenge fighting against enemies that are almost unstopable with the base game weapons.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Degraine
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Degraine »

bobingabout wrote:I'd love to do a combat roboport, unfortunately current game mechanics make it impossible, or at least very hard to the point where I'm not sure where to start. Only Logistics and Construction robots (by entity class) are allowed to dock in a roboport, and neither is allowed to have a weapon. there's also the issue that if you found a way to give either of those a weapon, there's currently no mechanic to make them go out and attack anything, they'd just be a logistics/construction robot with a weapon.
If they only deployed from the roboport in response to an attack, they'd have abysmal reaction times, realistically. You'd need some kind of patrolling system. And a way to differentiate routes, logic to distribute the bots equally along the route after they respond to an incursion and when they're delayed by going off-course to recharge... I don't think it would be doable in lua. Not without shredding performance, anyway.

kyranzor
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kyranzor »

I'm pretty sure mocombat by Ludsoe has combat robots that you can make a special robo port for them, and send them off to auto-attack nearby biter bases. Check his code.

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

I have an idea .. new types of ammunition and missiles, and tank shells based on your resources. such as nickel, rutile etc.

Return to “Bob's mods”