'Sort Raw Gems' recipie disappeared

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

Acetylene
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

'Sort Raw Gems' recipie disappeared

Post by Acetylene »

I'm about to set up gem processing but the recipe to sort gems doesn't exist... I can't do it by hand, and assembling machines don't have the option to do so. I checked the electroliser, chemical plant and furnace for good measure too.

Here is my version list for each componenant of bob's mods for good measure:

What do I do?

Edit: Fixed. The mod setting for unsorted ore was turned off in the settings... Seemingly by default, despite the fact that I was only able to mine unsorted ore anyway. That must be a bug.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: 'Sort Raw Gems' recipie disappeared

Post by bobingabout »

Acetylene wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:30 am
I'm about to set up gem processing but the recipe to sort gems doesn't exist... I can't do it by hand, and assembling machines don't have the option to do so. I checked the electroliser, chemical plant and furnace for good measure too.

What do I do?

Edit: Fixed. The mod setting for unsorted ore was turned off in the settings... Seemingly by default, despite the fact that I was only able to mine unsorted ore anyway. That must be a bug.
If you can mine raw gems, the recipe should be available, if you can't, it shouldn't be.
The default IS off, sometimes (I'm thinking it happens if you update then backdate again) the settings revert to defaults.

So... what was happening? you were mining unsorted gems without a sorting recipe, with the "unsorted gems" option off?
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Acetylene
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: 'Sort Raw Gems' recipie disappeared

Post by Acetylene »

bobingabout wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:43 pm
Acetylene wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:30 am

What do I do?

If you can mine raw gems, the recipe should be available, if you can't, it shouldn't be.
The default IS off, sometimes (I'm thinking it happens if you update then backdate again) the settings revert to defaults.

So... what was happening? you were mining unsorted gems without a sorting recipe, with the "unsorted gems" option off?
On my current game I was able to mine 'unsorted gems' but hadn't realised there was no recipe to sort them (until I was about to setup gem sorting). So the situation you're describing here ("mining unsorted gems without a sorting recipe, with the "unsorted gems" option off") was exactly what was happening.

The only thing I can think of is that there may have been a lingering setting that hadn't updated correctly from my previous plathrough of bob's mods back in may 2016, or my bob's angelthon game in june 2017. I remember that there used to a bob's config mod that you had to install to alter settings at one point? Maybe that affected things.

Return to “Bob's mods”