Is there a console command to remove alien artifacts from the ground?

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

joemcguiregaming
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Is there a console command to remove alien artifacts from the ground?

Post by joemcguiregaming »

My game is starting to have significant fps slowdowns during biter attacks because there are SO many alien artifacts on the ground. I didn't know about the option to restrict their drops to spawners but it's only a startup setting so I was hoping there was a console command I could use to just straight up remove them or something as a stop gap.

I'm not a fan of the logistic network and I've left it so long now that even if I did use it to pick the artifacts up it would take forever as shown here:

https://imgur.com/a/QirLPFA

I don't want to restart a game I've spent so long on now but I really need a solution to get rid of the damn things as I'm producing more than I'll probably ever need to use.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Is there a console command to remove alien artifacts from the ground?

Post by bobingabout »

that's just a few artifacts.

Really, at this point, you have 2 options.
Option 1: use the deconstruction planner (Filtered to only pick up artifacts. Pick one up, put it in your inventory, and right click on it to configure) to pick them all up, it might take a while.
Option 2: Also turn off the "Small artifacts" option, they only come from killing biters/spitters, and nearly everything from killing biters/spitters are smalls. if you've already turned off the option to let biters drop them, it's no real issue mechanic wise, but will delete all the ones you've already picked up that you haven't converted into large artifacts. I'd also turn the option off, load the game, save it again, then turn it back on, because apparantly, I've done the recipes wrong, and turning that option off also turns off the option to turn the pink standard artifacts into other colours.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

joemcguiregaming
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Is there a console command to remove alien artifacts from the ground?

Post by joemcguiregaming »

Oh I didn't realise the start up settings could be changed out of game, I thought they were like for the initial map generation.

This has sorted it thanks :), I also grabbed the Loot Crate mod and cleared out all the artifacts so I no longer get slow down.

Return to “Bob's mods”