[Public/Europe] Dedicated Server [0.12.35/Modded]

Arrange meetings with other people to play MP, announce your servers.
kaZ
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [Public/Europe] Dedicated Server [0.12.24/Bobathon]

Post by kaZ »

I've also noticed that the CPU load doesn't raise above 70%. Similar behaviour for RAM. Even with highest/ Real Time priority in Windows. Shouldn't the one or other value reach the 100% in case the available resources are too low?!

What could be a Solution except a new map?

judos
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by judos »

Hi kaZ,

1) A solution could be to change the config "max_threads=4". Maybe it's set to 1 for some reason and this slows it down for you? Maybe it helps if you set it up to ~8 in case it is already set to 4?
2) Otherwise if there is an option for it, could we set the server to drop player slower? I quickly checked the client config but didn't find anything. Maybe daniel you know something about this?
3) We could try to pause the game before you try to join (this will at least cause your computer not to fall back in update-ticks and might help?) Backdraw you need someone already to be online when you join. We could try this tomorrow evening if you are on 20:00 UTC+1?
4) You should probably report this as a bug since this is a major multiplayer issue if you didn't do this already. As I mentioned I can reproduce the same problem (the server shows as not responding and I also almost drop out of the game when joining. Just that I'm lucky and it reacts in the last remaining second...)

How is this for other players? anyone else got to see the "server not responding" message right after joining?

DRBLN
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DRBLN »

Probably, you have a slow GPU?

No problems from my side.

tiger
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by tiger »

Daniel34, I see u are registered user.
Vanilla server
Couldn't establish network communication with server.

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by daniel34 »

tiger wrote:Daniel34, I see u are registered user.
Vanilla server
Couldn't establish network communication with server.
I've restarted the vanilla server. Please don't post issues with the vanilla server in the modded thread, I read both anyway, I just didn't have the time lately.
And don't use the reporting system for something like that, if it is important just send me a PM (although I know you couldn't send a PM with less than 5 posts).
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [Public/Europe] Dedicated Server [0.12.25/Bobathon]

Post by daniel34 »

Updated the server to 0.12.25.

As there are not that many resources left on the visible map and it already has 60MB and the goal is still far away, do you want to keep playing this map or start a new one with different mods?

judos
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by judos »

I think we should be fine. The ressources on the outer side of map have a very high density and they will be enough for a long time. Also if e.g. Copper runs out we still have many ore fields which are already discovered and just need to connected. What does everybody else think?

Also if someone likes a new map, what would be the suggested mods?

kaZ
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by kaZ »

judos wrote:I think we should be fine. The ressources on the outer side of map have a very high density and they will be enough for a long time. Also if e.g. Copper runs out we still have many ore fields which are already discovered and just need to connected. What does everybody else think?
I really would enjoy to be able to join the server again and play with you guys :)
judos wrote:Also if someone likes a new map, what would be the suggested mods?
Bobs or Dytech, as relucant major mods are none-extistant beside these both.

* Fentus created a no-belt mod ( viewtopic.php?f=179&t=20436 ) if anyone is interested in that?! Everything would have to be done with Trains (the miner could unload directly into the train -> train drive's to dedicated smelting area -> sorting hub -> production -> player) or robo's in the Lategame.
* Fat-Controller (was very usefull!?)
* rso (if we're able to find settings that deal maybe about 20% of the current effort to find some stuff)
* Harcrafting - I actually enjoyed it quite much (but maybe without Fentus' mod than)
* Smart-Trains - The refueling idea in a dedicated trainstation is just to awesome and I think the mod itself has to offer some more intersting stuff.

Discuss! :)

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

I would like to finish this map (I will be able to join again tonight). Maybe Daniel can simply make a deadline for the reset, so that players who can no longer join (I'm going to make a bug report on this issue if nobody else does) don't have to wait that long if progress is slow.

I like the no-belt idea, my only concern is that early robots could render the limitation useless. I would like to pass on a big mod and only use the belt thingy with rso (with customized but not so harsh settings) and the helper mods.

DRBLN
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DRBLN »

Let's play Dytech with some challenging RSO setups

judos
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by judos »

Another suggestion: No-rebuilding. I think we had the idea some time on teamspeak and I tried it out and it is really easy to write a mod. Basically everything you place is not minable anymore. Only way to remove something is to actually destroy it (grenades, gun, anything else?). Of course the belts and inserters are still rotatable, so you can reconfigure it a bit :)
One thing I didn't think of yet is the deconstruction planner. (Maybe single use of item, so it gets at least somewhat expensive?

kaZ
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by kaZ »

Loewchen wrote:I would like to finish this map (I will be able to join again tonight). Maybe Daniel can simply make a deadline for the reset, so that players who can no longer join (I'm going to make a bug report on this issue if nobody else does) don't have to wait that long if progress is slow

I like the no-belt idea, my only concern is that early robots could render the limitation useless. I would like to pass on a big mod and only use the belt thingy with rso (with customized but not so harsh settings) and the helper mods.
The robots in combination with bobathon should not be that easy. On the one side they are hard to get them in respective numbers. On the other side the raw goods in a regular game still should be transportet by belts or trains. Now if belts are missing there are Not that many options left :) Give it a shot ;)

Could you make a Suggestion for rso settings and we Test it all together (whoever wants to participate). The farest outpostshould be like the current oil2?! Every raw Ressource is available in suitable amounts in that range.

DRBLN
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DRBLN »

The server is up and running.

Thank you

judos
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [Public/Europe] Dedicated Server [0.12.26/Bobathon]

Post by judos »

Shall we do a sprint until we have the map finished and then restart on a new map? Would be great also have all players be able to join again :?

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [Public/Europe] Dedicated Server [0.12.26/Marathon]

Post by daniel34 »

I've restarted the server with new mods and a new map, see the first post for details.

The basic mods include Marathon for a longer game and FactorioBasics, which adds additional tiers of some buildings.

The challenge:
  • You can't pick up placed buildings anymore, so be careful where you put them
  • No deconstruction planner
  • No crafting in hand - everything has to be crafted in an assembling machine
  • No usage of belts, they won't move items
At the start you can pick Solar or Steam, you will get an Assembling machine 3 and some equipment for power production.

DRBLN
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DRBLN »

I have to report player "123" for spoiling the game.

First, he was cutting the trees to let the pollution reach monsters.
Second, he was spoiling the researches not letting me to evolve and kill the biters.
Third, he started to laucnh all the miners to generate a lot of pollution

As he told below, he is trololo

kaZ
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by kaZ »

DRBLN wrote:As he told below, he is trololo
I want to clarify, that it was NOT me (kaZperle). If any I do tritrtrullala, see http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1xKYLaUDZ-c

Serious: maybe the port of the server could be sent to new player AFTER he/she(lol) presents itself either here or via pm

DRBLN
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DRBLN »

lol

For sure that was not Kaz :)

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [Public/Europe] Dedicated Server [0.12.27/Marathon]

Post by daniel34 »