Multiplayer server issues? Does max upload work?

Arrange meetings with other people to play MP, announce your servers.
Oarc
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Multiplayer server issues? Does max upload work?

Post by Oarc »

So I'm running a small (10 player max) server and I keep seeing issues when people join/leave.
I'm posting this here just to ask if others have seen the same issues.

1. Setting "max_upload_in_kilobytes_per_second" doesn't seem to do anything.
"_comment_max_upload_in_kilobytes_per_second" : "optional, default value is 0. 0 means unlimited.",
"max_upload_in_kilobytes_per_second": 500,

500 kBps = 4mbps right?
I'm seeing upload getting maxed out all the time when someone download's a map at 7-8mbps. That's the max possible on my internet connection...

2. Recently, I've seen desync loops when joining the server (not just me, many others as well).
Example in the server console output:
example console output
3. Sometimes when people get dropped. The server doesn't realize they are gone and when you rejoin, it says you are still in the game.
I can only fix this by restarting or waiting long enough (about a minute or more I think).

If other people are seeing these issues, is there anything useful that I can use to file a bug report? Not sure if it's helpful at all to the dev team or what they would want.

Thanks,
Oarc

impetus maximus
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Multiplayer server issues? Does max upload work?

Post by impetus maximus »

what version release/OS you running? max upload would work for a few times for me, then use full upload bandwidth availible.
when the developers changed the max upload code around 0.14.10 - 0.14.13 using anything besides 0 will make the map download stall for users (i use Win64).
so it's all or nothing as of right now. they are aware of the problem and are working on it.

Return to “Multiplayer”