Server issues with mouse movement

Arrange meetings with other people to play MP, announce your servers.
hammy
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Server issues with mouse movement

Post by hammy »

When you are standing still or just running around on server no jumps and fps is 40 - 60ish. When I am standing still and I start moving my mouse back and forth I start getting fps in the range of 10 - 20 and I start getting jumps which simply continue to rise if I keep moving my mouse. Can anyone help with diagnosing what is wrong and then maybe helping with fixing the issue?

Antivanity
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Server issues with mouse movement

Post by Antivanity »

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

Antivanity wrote:I have the same problem: https://gfycat.com/NegligibleNewJavalina
In your case its very clearly the mod 'Factorissimo' that is causing the UPS drop

Antivanity
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Antivanity »

Klonan wrote:
Antivanity wrote:I have the same problem: https://gfycat.com/NegligibleNewJavalina
In your case its very clearly the mod 'Factorissimo' that is causing the UPS drop
But iv read that you can have 100s of Factorissimo factories without lag. Server is on a 6700k with 16g of ram.

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

Antivanity wrote:
Klonan wrote:
But iv read that you can have 100s of Factorissimo factories without lag. Server is on a 6700k with 16g of ram.
I don't know where you read that, but we guarantee nothing about performance when mods are involved

Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Mooncat »

I am interested on the "100s of Factorissimo factories without lag" statement too. Or is it true only if the factories are idle? :geek:

I think the mechanism of moving items between transport belts outside and inside the factories is the most heavy task in Factorissimo. I say this because I have done the same in my Creative Mode. People expect the belts can be compressed, so the task needs to be done in every tick. Maybe my mod is more complicated because I have to also deal with splitters and underground belts, but even with just transport belts, calling LuaTransportLine::remove_item and insert_at in every tick can cost some performance.

Considering each factory can have at most 12 connections to the outside world, it makes me feel it is impossible to have 100s of working factories without lag.

BTW, Klonan, regarding to the newest FFF, would you mind trying my Creative Mode? Although it does not focus on combat as much as your internal mod, I think it will still be helpful for you in some perspectives, like setting up a proper testing scene. :P

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

Summarizing Mooncats post:

You can have 100's of factorissimos without any noticeable lag at all, Until you start adding belts and pipes to them.

My factory with just 2 factorissimos with many belts already gives me about a .5 ups drop.

Return to “Multiplayer”