Dedicated Public Servers available!

Arrange meetings with other people to play MP, announce your servers.
eventualmango
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Dedicated Public Servers available!

Post by eventualmango »

Hey everyone,

I wanted to announce four high end 24/7 dedicated servers I am hosting out of a data center in the eastern US. I'm investing a great deal of time and effort into monitoring the servers and ensuring I have the appropriate resources available to make the experience as seamless as possible. I am a full time Linux systems administrator who is incredibly passionate about this game and I would love to help build a bigger and more cohesive online community for Factorio. The servers are up now and currently running Factorio 0.14.3. You can find them in the multiplayer game browser under the names:

FACTORIO-HUB US EAST#1 - Dedicated Server (connect directly via 158.69.123.67:34197)
FACTORIO-HUB US EAST#2 - Dedicated Server (connect directly via 158.69.123.67:34196)
FACTORIO-HUB US EAST#3 - Dedicated Server (connect directly via 158.69.123.67:34195)
FACTORIO-HUB US EAST#4 - Dedicated Server (connect directly via 158.69.123.67:34194)

Link to discord server: https://discord.gg/QUs3fev

I would really appreciate feedback on the servers and how I can improve them as this is sort of a beta test for what I am envisioning as a larger platform for multiplayer Factorio. I am also willing to host private servers for anyone who is interested in launching their own instance provided that you cover the cost of the server. Feel free to PM me here or shoot me an email at admin@factoriohub.io with any concerns or requests for these servers (mods, server refresh, version updates, etc...)

Thanks and enjoy!

-Terry
Last edited by eventualmango on Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ratzap
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Dedicated Public Servers available!

Post by Ratzap »

Great idea and thank you for doing this.
Could you elaborate on the map generation you used on those? Are any of them different or all the same settings?
Are you taking snapshots of the autosaves? There are a small number of people who get their jollies from trashing open servers.

Ratzap
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Ratzap »

FACTORIO-HUB US EAST#3 had the best ping for me (88ms from Scotland isn't too bad) so I started in there.

Power is up, green science, steel, replaced all the stone furnaces with steel and plopped a few turrets round the whole lot. Now it's bedtime here so over to you 'murcans to keep going.

BTW, do the servers stop when no-one is logged in?

eventualmango
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by eventualmango »

Hey Ratzap,

Appreciate the reply. Among the four servers, two of them have the enemy base frequency set to "very-high" for a bit of an added challenge. The other two are vanilla. I'm not currently taking snapshots of the autosaves, but I could totally set that up so that at least once per day (or whatever frequency is best) it will backup the current autosaves into a different directory that could then be reloaded if necessary...I haven't noticed a problem yet with the servers being vandalized, but I will keep a closer eye on that.

Also thanks for getting that Factory started..I might log in today and add a few things myself :)

Cheers!

Return to “Multiplayer”