Can't connect to a 50+ hour game

Arrange meetings with other people to play MP, announce your servers.
powerslavekiller
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Can't connect to a 50+ hour game

Post by powerslavekiller »

Hey,

Me and a friend of mine have played Factorio for aprox. 53 hours on a savefile. But when we tried to play today, the game simply refused to let me connect... My game crashed without fail, and I'm thinking it's because we have too many entities on the map for the game to handle?
If someone can verify this, or even help us fix it I'd be gratefull.

Nondre
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Can't connect to a 50+ hour game

Post by Nondre »

I've got a 100+ hour map, and i have had to remove all landmines, walls, accumulators, and steam engines, and set game.alwaysday. I finally got someone connected. Even then, the game was spotty, and the frame-rate was ~10. I have a post on tips to connect in multiplayer somewhere around here, but some of the bigger maps might need a little maintenance to achieve a solid connection. Also, if you plan on having a map for a duration like this, its probably best not to explore much more than you need to.

Hope this helps.

powerslavekiller
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Thanks, we'll try and see if it works.

powerslavekiller
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

It didn't seem to work. My friend even cleared all the transport belts, cut off all power and disassembled all the accumilators... Any other advice?

cube
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by cube »

Is this in 0.11.6? If it is, then make a thread in bug reports. And don't forget to uplad the problematic save.

roy7
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by roy7 »

A friend and I have a similar problem in x.8 that it will crash within 10-15 seconds of my joining. Doesn't seem to matter what/where we build, just crashes out to desktop very quickly.

Does uploading the save file actually help with the debugging process? If so we can try to sort out how to do that.

Return to “Multiplayer”